Chapter 125 - Ruby's Day with Kara, Lena & Alura

It is now around 6:30 in the morning, and Alex and Ruby are just arriving at Lena, Kara and Alura's penthouse. Thankfully, Lena had set up Alex with permission to be able to enter the penthouse without anyone needing to let her in, so the older Danvers sister doesn't need to wake anyone up to get inside.

"Okay...." Alex says, in a hushed tone, as she and Ruby stand just inside the penthouse, by the front door, "Kara, Lena and Alura are all probably asleep. Once I leave, I'll text Kara to let them know you are here."

Ruby nods her head, but then has an unsure look on her face. Alex understands that it might be a bit strange, and perhaps intimidating, to be left in this penthouse without actually seeing another adult first.

"How about I walk you upstairs, and we find a bedroom for you to sleep in?" Alex suggests, "I know you must still be tired."

"Yeah. Okay." Ruby nods.

Ruby and Alex then make their way upstairs, and Ruby decides to take the bedroom which she knows is right next to Alura's. Once Ruby does this, Alex quickly peaks her head in Lena and Kara's room, just to check that they are both there, which they are, still sleeping. Alex then returns to the room Ruby is in, and the young girl has already got under the covers.

"Okay, Ruby." Alex whispers, "I need to go now. But I just checked Kara and Lena's room. They are both there and sleeping."

"Okay. Thank you, Alex." Ruby says, in a tired voice.

"You're welcome." Alex smiles, "I hope you have a good day."

Ruby nods her head into the pillow.

"I'll see you sometime soon." Alex says, and then takes a step to leave the room.

"Thank you for spending the day with me yesterday, Alex." Ruby says, stopping Alex.

Alex turns back and looks at Ruby.

"You're very welcome, Ruby. I had a great time. I'll look forward to when we can do it again." Alex says, with a smile.

Ruby smiles into her pillow, and nods her head again, already feeling like she is going to fall asleep, too tired to verbally respond. Alex simply chuckles, quietly, upon noticing this, and then leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

"Alex?" A voice says, in a whisper.

Alex literally jumps out of her skin, not expecting someone to be standing just outside the door. But then, when Alex looks over, she sees it's Alura.

"Alura.... god.... you scared me..." Alex says, in a quiet voice.

Alura bites her lip, and rubs her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Alura says.

Alex nods her head.

"What are you doing out of bed? It's very early. You should get back to sleep." Alex says, as she kneels down in front of Alura.

"I woke up to pee, and I heard you speaking...." Alura explains.

"Okay." Alex nods, "Why don't I take you back to bed then."

Alex stands up and holds out her hand for Alura to take. Alura simply nods her head and takes Alex's hand. Alex then leads Alura back into her room, and guides her onto the bed and under the covers.

"You go back to sleep now." Alex smiles, placing a kiss on Alura's forehead.

"Okay." Alura replies, "I missed you."

Alex's heart clenches at Alura saying that.

"I missed you too." Alex says, lovingly, "I'll make sure to come over and spend some time with you soon, and you can tell me all about what you guys got up to at Disney World."