my-log: night trip

AFTER A LONG DAY OF FILMING, it was time for all of us to go to bed

AFTER A LONG DAY OF FILMING, it was time for all of us to go to bed. The boys slept in one room, and the staff were separated in different rooms by gender. Geun was allowed to sleep with me and Nari and a few other female workers.

We wrapped up filming at around 9 at night, and all of us were done getting ready for bed by 11. After maybe an hour, I wake up to Geun's legs on top of mine, him sprawled out like a child on our futon. I grunt, sitting up and leaving the room.

I enter the hall and quietly step along the floorboards. I try as hard as possible not to wake anyone up as I enter the kitchen. My mouth is dry, so I decide to pour myself a cup of water. I open one of the cabinets and take out a small glass. However, when I turn around to the sink, I see a dark silhouette outside of the front door. It looks like they're leaving the house, as their figure starts to descend down the porch steps.

I carefully set the glass down and make my way to the door. I peek out the blinds to see who it was, relaxing when I realize who it is. I gently unlock the door, and as soon as I open it, the person turns around with wide eyes.

"Where are you going, Jungwon?"

"Oh, did I wake you up?" He whispers, walking back to the house.

I close the door behind me and meet him halfway at the stairs. "No, I just needed something to drink..." He's wearing dark pants, a black windbreaker, and white tennis shoes. If he tells me he just needed some fresh air while wearing that, I'll know he's lying. "So what are you doing up?" I ask, pulling out my phone and reading the time. 1:33 a.m.

"...The guys asked me to bring them some snacks."

"What? You all are still awake?" I smile.

"We're watching a movie on Niki's computer. I was going to go down the hill to the shop and buy some food."

I press my lips together. I look around, then sigh. "...I'll come with you. You shouldn't go out on your own." I whisper.

He smiles big. "Really? I mean, you don't have to, you can go back to bed."

"No, no. I'll come. But don't think about leaving on your own in the future again." I hiss, and he bows quickly. A sudden wind blows through, making me shiver aggressively. Somehow, it feels like a cold winter night during the spring.

"Here." Jungwon pulls his windbreaker off his arms, climbing the stairs to stand next to me.

"Huh? Oh, no it's alright—"

"Just put it on." He insists, pushing the jacket against my arm. I hesitate, and he sighs out of playful frustration. "Turn around." He asks, and I slowly face my back to him. He puts the collar of the jacket on the back of my neck, and taps my arms to tell me to put them through the sleeves.

I end up wearing it, and I feel much warmer than before. It even smells like him...

"Wait." I mutter. I then look down at my bare feet.