MR. PAIN IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

Gabriel pulls out a seat for Caroline at a cute little cafe with outdoor seating

Gabriel pulls out a seat for Caroline at a cute little cafe with outdoor seating. "This is the kind of thing I came to New Orleans for." Caroline sighs in content.

Gabriel takes a seat beside her, purposely leaving the seats infront of them empty and chuckles. "Really? So it wasnt for the murderous witches and supernatural wars?"

She side eyes him in disbelief. "Please, I don't know what's worse. Mystic Falls or New Orleans."

"Hmmm well, the Mikaelson family now resides in New Orleans so I would go with the latter." Gabriel pretends to think, Caroline laughs and shoves his shooulder. "I'm glad to be here with you." She admits.

"Is there any way I can convince you to stay here with me forever?" Gabriel questions while nudging an eyebrow in a suggestive way.

"Are we interrupting, brother?" A voice cheekily questions, although his face showed a bit of disgust.

Gabriel turns his head to the voice and his smile lifts. "Davina, Kol, you're late. Have a seat."

"Dad, is something wrong? Is it your bond?" Davina gets straight to the point and Gabriel's heart melts at her worry. He shakes his head and squeezes her hand in reasurrance from across the table. "Nothing of that sort. Caroline and I have been doing some thinking and we think its best if you both leave town for the moment." He confesses.

"What?!" Davina questions disbelief and Kol chokes on his drink in surprise.

"If it is true, and it is, that Dahlia is back there's going to be a very big fight." Gabriel replies, now looking in Kol's direction. "And as you already know our family is ususally more divided than ever whenever something this big happens and I dont need either of you becoming collateral damage to Nik or Lijah."

"And yet you're not sending your precious Rebekah away." Kol accuses, still feeling slightly petty over Gabriel allowing him to think he was going to die.

"Kol." Caroline calls. All three of of them face her direction and Kol is dumbfounded by the pure sincerity on her face. "We just want what's best for you. If we're being honest, Rebekah has Marcel, Elijah, and Gabriel looking after her safety. Both you and Davina only have Gabriel and I." Caroline explains in a brutal yet honest way. Gabriel nods and adds onto her statement. "Correct, right now the target is Hope therefor I need all my focus to be on her safety. Surely you both understand that I cannot afford to be fighting all of my siblings and protecting Hope from Dahlia all at once?"

Kol and Davina are silent for a second a they let it all sink in. Davina is the first to speak. "Dad, we understand. You don't have to worry about us." She promises, Kol nodding in agreement.

"I have some cash and directions to where you two will be staying laid out in your room at the apartment." He tells them both. "Do not tell anyone that you guys are leaving, I'll take care of Marcel and Josh." He promises back.