73 - I'm Coming For You

2.7k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vader's POV
Slowly, I opened my eyes and turned my head weakly to the side, my gaze landing on white walls similar to that of our medical wing.

"You need to relax, and try not to move too much." The voice of my doctor filled my ears, causing me to turn my head to the other side - where she stood peering down at me, "You've really been knocking on deaths door haven't you?" She adjusted the oxygen mask that was covering my nose and mouth. I attempted to get up, but she placed her hand on my chest and pushed me back down, "Don't, you-" She shot her hands to her neck, an invisible force gripping her throat and bringing her words to a hault.

I sat up while keeping my murderous glare on her and relished in the sight of her gasping for air. Her eyes bulged and her complexion shifted into a deep violet, "You need to stop telling me what to do. If I wish to get up, then I'll get up." I spat before releasing the hold I had on her. The power I felt coursing through me was something new, and it was thrilling, but also overwhelming.

That's when the memories of what happened came flooding back. I used my hate, my fear, my anger - everything, I used it all for power. And I'm doing so I was able to tap into my full potential. Before, I allowed my emotions to swallow me whole and I was basically a damsel in distress, which was embarrassing. But not anymore, now I am exactly who I was meant to be — exactly who Palpatine wanted me to be. Of course I still have more work to do with controlling and exploring it, but this was just the beginning.

Now that the doctor was able to breathe, I heard her take in a sharp inhale, "Sorry, I'm so sorry," She panted, "I was just going to tell you that you can't leave yet. Your mask was severely damaged and is in the midst of repair." She mumbled each word slowly and her voice was weak and scratchy, "And you have second degree burns on your face from the explosion, you need bacta treatments or it will scar."

I sighed at this inconvenience and glanced over at the oxygen tank that's my life support for the next hour or so. And I could feel these burns, but it was a tolerable pain - for me.

"Master!" My attention was drawn to the doorway where Ahsoka rushed in and Maul followed behind her. She immediately pulled me into a hug, and when I went to hug her back, that's when I felt my muscles aching like I had just had the most strenuous work-out of my life m.

"Congratulations," Maul uttered as he leaned against the back wall, and as Ahsoka removed herself from our embrace, "You completely destroyed the front portion of your palace leaving this place in a vulnerable position, and those repairs are going to take forever."

Ahsoka shot him a glare, "Well it could have been the whole temple but he saved our lives, so shut it," She snapped, at him before turning her attention back to me, "Are you feeling okay? You have some burns from the explosion that need a lot of healing." She gently brought her hand up to the side of my face with an expression of worry.

I moved my head away from her hand, "It's not that bad, I can't even feel it."

"Yeah but we can see it and it's gross," Maul commented, earning him yet another glare from Ahsoka. Something definitely crawled up his ass because he wasn't nearly this moody before.

"I'm this close to asking you to wait outside," She threatened through clenched teeth.

He narrowed his eyes at her before pushing himself off of the wall, "No need to ask Princess, I'm in the mood for a walk anyway." He barely gave either of us another glance before exiting the room, stomping his feet like a toddler during a tantrum as he did so.