Fresh Air

[Messages]

Eyeless Jack

-

Jack.

Yes?

They regressed. I don't know what to do.

Why did they regress?

You're asking like I fucking know?

calm down Felicia

Jack.

I'm sorry, I know

Where were you?

We were out in town, like I promised.

I was just walking towards town square when they just rapidly regressed and they won't respond to anything I say or do and I'm really fucking worried Jack

Ann, calm down

You're panicking again

Please

I know I know

I just care way too much about them

please

get over here

Get them inside, im running your way

like sonic

JACK.

I KNOW

[Real Life]

Nurse Ann

-

   'Shit. Fuck. Shit.'

   Breathing into her palms, Ann watched as her best friend drifted off into their own world.

   She had been working with anyone that (Y/N) knew out of her friend group to get them back to reality, as they had gotten too overwhelmed one day and crawled back into a dissociative shell, forgetting everything every other second in an attempt at healing. Human brains were an enigma, and especially troublesome after a traumatic event.

   And in (Y/N)'s case, it had been held back until it overflowed, overwhelming their system to the point of amnesia.

   The chilling air didn't make it any easier, either. It had made it particularly hard for Ann's sensitive skin to live through the journey through the woods into their house to visit, forcing her to resort through FaceTime calls and text messages for contact and status updates. Ben's systems were a bit better at withstanding the cold, but he tended to slow down like an electronic once it got below freezing outside.

   Jack was superhuman, making it the easiest for him out of all of them to make it. It still wasn't easy though, as he had to keep from getting frostbite in his feet that were heavily uncomfortable in shoes.

   Toby felt too guilty to make the trip, despite being the most fit out of all four of them. Tim and Brian had no clue about (Y/N)'s mental state.

   She had brought Sally over one day in hopes of speeding up recovery, only for it to fail. (Y/N) had been particularly fond of children when they were stable, but they were too out of it to have a reaction to her.