82. warning

082

082

Jungkook remained awake that night. His mind was tangled by the boisterous cries of his tiring thoughts, not allowing him to bear simply a mere breath of tranquility, the hulking forebodings in his mind stood far too great to shut off.

He had physical combat between his analytical, shrewd brain, and what his aching heart desired.

More than anything did he want Devora back, letting her go was not an option, he would keep trying for her. His determination was unbelievably inexorable, this he understood.

Yet, he couldn't help but berate himself for the impulsive actions he bore with Devora.

What's worse is he couldn't sense that reprehensible pound in his chest, his spirit wasn't cloaked with rue, nor was he tarnished with ire.

He didn't feel the need for any punitive feelings because he didn't regret it.

Kissing her lips, holding her delicate body in his grappling hands.

The hands that wanted to rush her figure, to explore her and take a memorable itinerary on her tender skin like she was the existing ocean.

Eventually, waves come crashing down and pressure can get too high.

Jungkook was lathered in all the sallow colors of ambivalence.

He wondered how Devora felt.

Did she regret it? Should he be ashamed of himself for not regretting a single moment he spent with her on that couch?

Perhaps his bickering questions were ultimately answered when he woke up the next morning, realizing that she was gone.

Jungkook exhaled despair, knowing his day would still carry on, whether he'd fancy that, or not.

Stepping into his bedroom he offered Devora to sleep in for the night, he saw the bedsheets and blankets that were neatly folded and tucked into the mattress.

He didn't prevent his smile from growing, allowing himself to value the small efforts Devora made to tidy up after herself.

Jungkook completed his morning routine as he would any other Friday morning, donning his all-black suit and tie that granted him a rather obscure image that he was entirely gratified by.

There was an additional tinge of pleasure that ticked in his chest — he had to be somewhere that morning, somewhere that called for him to crow his brusque demeanor.

Jungkook locked his front door, his leather jacket wilted over his forearm.

He waved hello to the massive number of his fellow neighbors that invariably stopped or walked out to see him, and wish him a good morning.

That reason was the fact that he maintained a good reputation there, frequently offering extra hands and overall being that amiable neighbor.

He was just an affable person that others coddled to without even realizing it.