Pathetic Challenge

There was no signal, as usual. The slight build of miasma was the only indication on when the next challenge of the Games should start. I was standing on the Dais, tense, with a malicious smile on my face. Waiting for them to attack.

The weakest low ranks finally dropped from the denseness of the miasma. As soon as the demons heard the faint thud of their weakest falling, they attacked, beginning to climb, or fly, in an attempt to stand on the Dais and attack me.

I frowned, watching their pathetic excuse for powers trying to land a hit on me. Were they mocking me? Trying to provoke me by not trying, by using their weak powers to challenge me? Who were they to insult me, a half-immortal? Lowly demons. Disgusting.

I released my aura. It was filled with killing intent and disgust, weighing all of those insignificant pests down, forcing them to fall. Only the strongest will triumph. A few hundred high-ranked demons remained. I was a bit impressed. Just a bit, though. They still were weak-and-sexist-as-fuck bois, nothing will change that.

The demons, who were all flying while slightly weakened by my powerful aura, all lunged at me at the same time. I avoided all of their magical attacks and bindings, dancing along the Dais' edges, giggling maniacally while watching them launch their stupid bodies at me in a feeble attempt to land a blow on me. I jumped up gracefully and started flying.

They all followed me, like the pests they are, and readied their magical attacks. I could feel their willpower centered towards me as they continued their barrage of attacks. Their eyes burned with rage and passion, far more than I have ever seen in my life. Was that because they didn't want a girl as the Devil? Or was it because they simply wanted the crown to themselves? Either way, I wasn't going to let them stop me, after I came this far.

I growled and propelled myself forward, aiming for the closest demon. I grabbed their skull before they could say 'shit' and, using my grip, crushed it into a billion pieces. The demon hollered in pain and agony, but I disregarded the pathetic cries for mercy and gripped his neck. I rushed towards the next one before swinging the filthy man at them. The demon lurched to the side before throwing up... who knows what, then fell down to the ground.

Pathetic.

I rushed towards the next. I grabbed her body, on her legs and her neck, then threw her down onto my knee. Her spine cracked with a s-s-s-shrak-k and she screamed in indignation before falling.

Pathetic.

Onto the next.

Pathic.

The next.

Pathetic.

The next.

The next.

And the next.

Soon it was just me, floating atop a pile of bloody, mutilated corpses, looking at them like I would pathetic bugs crossing the road. They thought I was weak?

They thought they could make me kneel?

They thought that keeping me inside that torture device for two days could break me?

They deserved it. They deserved those deaths.

Now the crown is mine.