Chapter 1: When the Frost Refuses to Melt

Author's Note: Hello everyone! So I decided to throw in my two cents for the Snowdrop fan fiction train because Yeong Ro and Soo Ho deserved so much better and I was honestly inspired by many other authors to write my own version of how they would meet again. So let's just pretend that Soo Ho was wearing a bulletproof vest when it happened ok? These chapters are going to be relatively shorter than what I usually write in my other works but I promise that I will do my best!

The snowdrop flower grows and blooms in the late winter, having to brave the cold and frost before it can finally bloom. The fact that snowdrops are meant to bloom during the winter can be related to the fact that the snowdrop is a flower of hope. No matter how cold it gets, no matter how much frost covers the snowdrop, it will find a way to bloom again. For Yeong Ro, that was what Soo Ho's message meant to her, the way a flower managed to bloom inside him when he was once so cold. That is when the frost melts and that was when Yeong Ro saw Soo Ho for who he really was.

Hold hands and wherever you look

Let's follow the road on the other side of the world

Come, walk with me Leave a dark footprint

Meet me every night at the place I dreamed of with you my friend

Lee Kang Moo and Kang Hanna walked up the steps to the Hosu Women's University and both of them breathed a heavy sigh before glancing at each other once before walking inside. Everything had been for the most part fixed ever since the hostage situation. Most of the bullet holes were patched up and even the statue at the front was no longer decapitated. The students immediately recognized the two of them and waved hello enthusiastically to the both of them. The pair walked up to the telephone kiosk to find a familiar face.

"Mr. Kang Moo sir! Ms. Hanna! What brings you by the dorm? Please don't tell me there's another spy here," Bun Ok laughed to try to lighten up the mood but Gang mu bit his lip for a moment to avoid speaking out about why that was in poor taste. Hanna waved it off dismissively and smiled at Bun Ok.

"Hello, Bun Ok, we just came by to visit Yeong Ro, has she been around recently?" Hanna asked and Bun Ok's fell slightly out of guilt and she thought about it for a moment. To be honest, she hasn't seen the aforementioned girl around recently either. After the hostage situation, Yeong Ro packed up the rest of her things, or whatever was left of it, and tried to take off as fast as she could. The other girls tried to convince her to stay but Yeong Ro was insistent on staying away, most likely for her own sanity.

"Hmmm... no not recently, Ms. Pi originally had her pack up her things to move out before the whole thing happened. Even though she offered Yeong Ro a chance to stay, she didn't take it," Bun Ok sighed and twirled her hair. Kang Moo's face fell slightly and he sighed, thinking back to when all of her friends had abandoned her when Bun Ok outed her to them.

"I take it that her friends haven't forgiven her then for hiding the fact that she was the daughter of the director of the ANSP," Kang Moo felt sorry for Yeong Ro, he had gotten to know the young lady well during the hostage situation and it was such a tragedy that he wasn't able to help her more. He knew that leaving Soo Ho behind like that was a mistake, but he also knew that the choice could have been avoidable and that was the regret that was deeply rooted in his heart. Gang Mu was grateful that Hanna came out of the whole ordeal safe, but he couldn't say the same for Yeong Ro, who had lost practically everyone in her life.

Kang Moo looked at Bun Ok straight in the eyes and he couldn't help but just give a complacent smile, "Gye Bun Ok, I want you to know that everyone has their own struggles in life, and we all make mistakes. But that is no excuse for you to make someone else feel as if their very real problems are not important to anyone else in the attempt to emphasize your own. It's not worth the pain nor the guilt ok? You two were once friends right?" Kang Moo raised his eyebrows at her to bring his point across and Bun Ok nodded and sighed in understanding.