Play Date- VIII

You arrived at Casita, hesitant to knock. In the end you must have been there for 5 minutes before the doors opened by themselves and ushered you in. The yellow rauna guy was leaning against the staircase, seemingly waiting for someone. Camilo perked up at your presence. That someone was probably you.

"Hermosa! Long time no see!" his joyous demeanor sways you and you laugh.

"yesterday, I saw, I saw," you don't even finish, choosing to point at him instead. The male chuckles. He's closer now, reaching for your hand. You have no idea what he's about to do but it can't be good.

"what-" now he's pulling you out of Casita with a sly smirk. He's fast, and its a little hard to catch up, though after awhile he notices and slows down.

Eventually he skids to a stop, abruptly, and you bump harshly into him. You probably hit his nose, except he pays it no mind, laughing.

"So, Mi angelita, today you have no choice but to make me your favorite!" His hands still encase your while you only tilt your head at his boisterous tone.

"Ca, ca, mi- cami- cami-" you stomp your foot in frustration. "what do you, what do you mean?"

"Por favor hermosa, don't make me look like a fool!" he dramatically sighs. A part of you wonders if he acts like this with everyone he meets. "You ran away from me two times-"

"only one!" you protested while he ignored you and carried on with his antics.

"And I'm hurt! Can't you make it up to me one time, Hermosa?"

He's pouting at you now, crouching down to look at you through his lashes. Oh Dios mio what are you going to do with him? A giggle escapes your lips, as he smiles.

"what do, what do you, do you want?" You crouch down as low as him. And as you await a reply you take a good look at your surroundings. It's the garden from before, you realized. It was a blur as you ran past, your eyes solely focused on Camilo, his hair bouncing at every step and his heavy breaths.

"it's easy, I want a play date." He stands up so suddenly and reaches his hand to you, like before, when you first met. "will you join me this evening Hermosa?"

Your face was red, and you could tell that his expression shifted to amusement again, with how his brows arched up, along with the corners of his mouth.

"I have, I have a name," you stutter, taking his hand and hurriedly looking away.

"is that a yes, y/n?" it was etched in your mind how he said it, with his signiture smirk. You could practically feel the tease dripping off his voice.

"yes."

By yes you did not know it meant this. Not that you were complaining, but the reason he'd brought you into the garden was to show you off to the kids. That's what he meant by 'play date'

"Primo Camilo!" a little boy scrambled up a long with his friends. "did you get the angel- oh that is the angel!"

You flush at the childs words and wave. Camilo looks at you with a face you can't make out. It's soft, his expression.

"You like the attention?" and now it sharpened back into the Cresent eyes and creased brows.

"no," you frowned and pulled a face at him. It made his eyes widen. He couldn't wrap around the fact that your delicate features could do such a thing. It made something in his stomach flutter.

"angel! Camilo and I saw you sitting on the bench! Can you grant me a wish?" the boy is jumping up and down excitedly, his friends wowing and clamoring all over you.

The noise seems to drown you again, and you back into Camilo. He noticed your nervousness and butt into the child invasion.

"now now, amigas and amigos, introduce yourself to the angel first," He teasingly bonked the kids on the head while they laughed. "where did you leave your manners you duendecillo?"

It was a sight to behold. You truly wondered how he could constantly smile and entertain people like that. You know you couldn't. You preferred talking to people yes, but only one at a time. Overlapping speech just felt so overwhelming sometimes.

"I'm Nicolas, and this is my Primo Manuel, my prima Gabriela-"

And just as how you were enamored with him handling kids, Camilo himself felt warm watching you interact with them as well. These were the people that he hung around most of the day, and it made him happy knowing you seemed to get along okay with them.

"so, can you grant us a wish?" their expectant eyes darted to you, and you found yourself at a loss for words.

"wait... You know what's suspicious?" a girl piped up from the back. "the angel hasn't said a word to us yet!"

Just as you were about to open your mouth, Camilo stepped in, that one look on his face returning.

"You see, Mi angel here, her voice was taken by a monster that hides in the dark!" he transforms into a hooded figure, gasps rippling through the many gullible children.

"oh no!"
"poor angel!"
"how can she get it back?!"

"her voice will only return," he woefully spoke, face theatrically saddened as he sighed. "with a true loves kiss..."

You can't help but deadpan at him. What an overused troupe, you think while he continued on with his shape-shifting into you- wait what was he doing with your face?

"do not worry fair maiden!" Camilo morphed into a tall and tan man, his voice deep and dark. "I can save you! I shall offer a true loves kiss."

He shifted into you, your brows scrunched up with a hopeful look in your face. It slightly unsettled you as to how he could copy your face at a flick of a wrist.

"but Camilo!" a another girl pops up out of nowhere. "the angel's right there! Why don't you kiss her!"

"oh yeah! Why don't you kiss her Camilo?"
"you said you knew the angel!"
"isn't she your girlfriend?"

Your face was red yet again, and you turned to Camilo to see his face matching yours. He looked horrified as the blush engulfed his face and deep down you wondered if it was because of you. That thought hurt.

Only you understood it after he muttered,

"the diablitos are turning on me."