[ 4 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
- SPORTS -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Jay and Sunghoon were both on the sports field outside kicking a soccer ball to each other. The rest of the class was busy playing other sports.

Class hadn't started yet; it was about five minutes away. So everyone did what they wanted to do.

Between the two friends it was pretty quiet. Jay did talk, but Sunghoon didn't answer him and weakly kicked the soccer ball back. Suddenly Jay put his foot on the ball, causing it to stop rolling.

"What are you doing?" Sunghoon asked irritated, "Why don't you pass the ball back?"

Jay sighed deeply, "It seems you are not well. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Sunghoon replied shortly, "Just pass that ball!"

Jay kicked the ball towards Sunghoon, but his attention was quickly caught by a movement that occurred in the corner of Jay's right eye.

Sunghoon also looked in the same direction Jay was looking, where he saw two girls come walking onto the field. One girl who was dragged behind the other.

"That's her," Jay said and ran towards the two girls. Leaving Sunghoon behind, he stood there and watched Jay run towards the girls. His hands clenched into a fist and then kicked the ball away at his very strongest, startling other classmates of his.

He just left him again only for that stupid girl...

"Eunji!" Jay said as he came running towards the two girls.

Eunji let go of Jiwoo's wrist.

"Finally," Jiwoo whispered to herself as she gently rubbed her wrist with her other hand. She looked up at her friend and Jay.

Jay gave her a hug. His arms gently wrapped around her body. Eunji did the same back.

"Hey Jay," Eunji said as she blushed into Jay's arms. Then she interrupted the hug and turned her head to Jiwoo, who stood there looking at them with an awkward smile.

Eunji giggled, "Jay, this is Jiwoo. Jiwoo, this is Jay." That was how Eunji introduced the two to each other.

Jay and Jiwoo bowed to each other at the same time. "Nice to meet you," they said simultaneously.

In the distance, Jiwoo saw Sunghoon walking up from behind Jay. Jiwoo's eyes widened when she saw him and again she froze.

He was carrying the ball he had kicked hard earlier in anger under his arm. Sunghoon stopped when he was behind Jay and threw the ball at the back of his head.

Eunji and Jiwoo were startled by his action. Jay, who received the ball against the back of his head, groaned in pain as he rubbed the backside of his head. He turned around and saw Sunghoon standing there, his arms crossed and his eyebrow raised.

Jiwoo looked at him, he seemed angry. But as always, he didn't even return a single glance back at her. Again, she was a shadow that was playing in the background. She sighed deeply.

"Class begins, Jay," Sunghoon said coldly.

Jay nodded up and down. "Okay, I'll be right there. You go first!"

Sunghoon took a deep breath, sighed it out quietly to hold back his anger, and turned around. Quickly, he ran back to the rest of the class.

"Don't mind him," Jay said to the two girls as he shook his head, "He's not in a great mood today I think."

"It's okay," Eunji said. Jiwoo remained silent. "Just go to your class. Jiwoo and I will stay here and watch."

Jay nodded up and down. "See you soon, babe."

With those words, Jay also ran back to the field, leaving a blushing Eunji behind and Jiwoo who was still frozen.

-

"Cookie?" Eunji asked her best friend, who was sitting next to her intently watching gym class.

Jiwoo turned her head to Eunji, who had held out a her hand to her holding a cookie. She smiled at her. " I would love to," she said and took the cookie from her hands.

Then both the girls turned their heads back to the sports field, where their crushes' gym class was taking place.

Jiwoo had only focused her attention more on Sunghoon, who was also playing the best out of all the classmates.

They played rugby and Sunghoon knocked everyone down like they were a feather. Their team was in the lead.

The girl sighed deeply as she put her chin down on her palm and let it rest there. She meanwhile took a bite of the cookie that Eunji had given her.

Sometimes she imagined a world where she was not in Sunghoon's shadow, where she was just in his memory and knew her.

Just forget about it, Jiwoo. He would never notice you once, even if you are closer now with Jay.

Suddenly, Eunji patted her back. "Are you okay?" She asked Jiwoo, who seemed a little sad.

Jiwoo looked up and nodded with a weak smile, "Yes. I hope Sunghoon just notices me for once."

She turned her head towards the gymming class again, seeing that Jay just scored a goal by Sunghoon's good throw.

Eunji cheered loudly when she saw it happen, their team won. " Good job, Jay!"

Jiwoo sighed deeply and stood up. "I'm going to the restroom," she said, but Eunji didn't even hear it. She was too focused on cheering for Jay.

Her smile changed to a straight and blank face.

She literally just dropped her for a boy...

Without Eunji noticing, Jiwoo grabbed her bag and walked away, back into the school building.