Daanveer

Magadha, a week later,

Eklavya-Dusshala

Though everything in Magadha was running smoothly but for some people, their life was getting messy and problematic. Like Eklavya and Dusshala. After fixing his marriage Karna called Eklavya and said, 'Eklavya, I am sorry for fixing your marriage without your consent but I have no choice. Now we openly declare our enmity with the Kurus. Princess Dushalla is the beloved sister of Kauravas who cannot see their sister as a widow. So as her husband you will be protected from all kinds of conspiracies and assassinations, at least from the Kauravas. I did this to protect you.'

Eklavya, 'But why only me Maharaj? You yourself can marry her and be the son-in-law of the Kurus. It will protect you.'

Karna, 'Only you as you are my second in command and my student who can challenge even Arjun. So after me, you will be the target. Killing me is not so easy but you don't have any divine protection like me. I also need to do something to protect Vishvanu, Kinkar, Gajraj, Vikarmjit soon. But for now, I am worried about something else. I know we can force someone to marry but love cannot be done forcefully. I am forcing both of you into a loveless marriage. I am sorry Eklavya....please forgive me. I am also doing wrong with the princess who is going to suffer due to her family. But I am helpless, I have no idea that one day I have to go against my own principle and force a girl into such a situation.'

Eklavya, 'Maharaj, you did what you need to do? If you did not demand her, the Kurus will marry her to some strong kingdom and then with their help again attack us. I know she will not understand it. Her family send her as a trophy, at least you instead of taking revenge, make her a bride and saved her reputation. Any other king will use her as a bed slave and then discard her but I know you are not that kind of person. Maharaj, I promise you, I will never mistreat her. I will always respect her as long as she does not do something bad against you or our kingdom.'

Karna, 'Thanks Eklavya, I am proud of you. Just be patient with her. Everyone is new to her. Also, you need to protect her. Many people came here from HP, some of them were former slaves who ran away from there. You know how HP treated slaves, so they will definitely try to take revenge on the daughter of the Kurus. She is your responsibility now.'

Eklavya, 'Don't worry Maharaj, I will keep her safe.'

But since his marriage, Dusshala's behavior was making his patience thinner day by day. Keeping her condition in mind Eklavya decided to take everything slowly, so when he entered his chamber after his marriage, he just wanted to talk to Dusshala to make her comfortable. But Dusshala after seeing him turned hysteric and she herself took off her clothes and said, 'Do what you want to do, you are here to r**e me so go ahead.'

Eklavya just managed to say that he did not want to force her and asked her to put on the clothes. Then  he left the chamber and since then he did not return there. But from the maids, he came to know that she behaved very rudely to everyone and always belittled them. But the maids still maintained their calm and did not disrespect her because of Maharaj's order. 

While Dusshala was not in good shape, she was a polite girl but now the situation frustrated her to such an extent that she behaved like a madwoman. She disturbed everyone around her just to reduce her inner turmoil. But it still killing her. How could the Gods above be so cruel to her? First, her childhood, being a daughter of blind parents was not easy, then the tag of bad omen. Now her family betrayed her, they sent her to save her brothers. Here till now, no one disrespected her but she knew soon they would show their true colors. She could see the anger and irritation in the maid's eyes but something stopped them from lashing out. She even was angry with her friend Subhadra who was always talking about that wretched Magadhraj. She even insulted her due to which Subhadra stopped talking to her.