23. "I've got you"

ELIZABETH POV

I thought for a second, swallowed my doubts, and leapt off the cliff.

You know, just the typical Sunday afternoon. Get dressed, have some breakfast, then jump off of a cliff. No biggie.

Last night had been the best sleep I've had in a long while, even before the accident. When I woke up in Paul's arms everything felt right. I feel happy around him. Little things he absentmindedly does that make me laugh such as this morning.

Flashback to the morning: As I wriggled out of his arms to get some breakfast, a low, content growl escaped his lips as the grip around my waist tightened. A giggle left my own mouth as I lay my head down on Paul's chest for a few extra minutes. Even through his shirt, I could feel his bulging muscles rise and fall as he drifted back into a peaceful sleep.

Today was supposed to be uncharacteristically sunny for La Push so the pack were taking me cliff diving as the water would be at its warmest today.

End of flashback

As her body plunged into the water, surrounded by the boys who had already jumped, she felt more alive than ever. She felt happier than she had in a long time as the boys splashed each other laughing. Her family was happy, and that made her happy. And cold. She felt very cold. That was until there was a loud, large splash near her and, shortly after, a warm arm, belonging to a certain Lahote boy, wrapped around her small figure bringing her close. She immediately felt his warmth spreading through her own body as she smiled up at the boy, "I've got you", he spoke to his girl, both smiling, as he held her tightly, not wanting to ever let go.

AN: there's something abt this chapter I find rlly cute.
ALSO I have started to post my hunger games, Finnick Odair story, I'm IN LOVE with it so far, I've been prewriting for it for the past 2 days bc I got rlly invested so please feel free to check it out (it SHOULD be updated at least 2/3 times a week)