꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"THANKS FOR COMING, RIC."
Damon said, closing the door behind him as his drinking buddy walks into the house, "You need something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon?"

"Bourbon in your coffee?" Skyler chimed, looking up over the couch opposite where Elena and Stefan are sitting.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric said as Damon gestured for him to take a seat next to Skyler who gives a wave.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could shed some light on the uh Lockwood family." Stefan told him as the man gets comfortable.

Alaric seems curious but not entirely confused, "Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" He asked, Skyler eyeing him curiously from beside him.

"Well you wouldn't, but your dead—" Damon starts as he sits down, "Not dead vampire wife might."

Alaric looks down, and Elena chimes in, "Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together,"

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan continued, Skyler decided to stay silent only studying the man, looking for answers in the way he sat, and his eyes. Oh, how much people could tell you if they just paid attention.

"Isobel's research here — Mystic Falls — was rooted in folklore and legend." Alaric told them, "At the time I thought most of which was fiction."

"I am indeed a work of fiction." Skyler hummed with a smirk. "Too perfect for the real world."

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon commented ignoring Skyler's comment in search of answers.

Skyler rolled her eyes, leaning forward, she became serious or as serious as she could be when she already had the answers they desperately searched for.

"Aside from vampires what else?" Skyler asked, "mermaids? Werewolves? Witches?" She said it in a sarcastic tone, tilting her head though half of them were true.

"The Lycanthrope."

Stefan turned to Damon immediately.

"Wait like werewolves?" Elena asked.

"No way. Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney." Damon responded leaning forward.

Skyler arched a brow at him, "Oh like vampires?"

"I've been on this planet for 160 some odd years, I've never come across one." Damon told her in disbelief.

Turning to Alaric, Damon asked, "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

"Most likely?" Skyler asked rhetorically, "Right under our noses. Hiding in plain sight."

Just like her.

The spy.

The villain, if you will.

The Mikaelson, posing as a Salvatore.

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked them curiously.