𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

‧˚︵︵︰❄️︰︵︵˚

ALL CHARACTERS, PLACES AND EVENTS SHOWN IN THE STORY ARE FICTIOUS

————————————————————

The syllabus for the exam was quite little, actually. The session had just started and the could only cover so much syllabus. Because of this, Yeongro was not able to keep herself invested in studying so long.

She decided to read some books, to increase her vocabulary. It did sadden her that everyone got their happy ending while she didn't, but she kept on going to keep herself busy.

2 months went by quite fast for Eun Yeongro. She was barely able to focus during studies but thankfully managed to get good enough grades.

A scholarship student indeed.

Summer break had now started, the dorm felt quite empty, but trust me, she has seen the dorm at it's worst.

She was just cleaning around her room as she had nothing better to do.

Coincidentally, or not, she found the tape. And it was the day.

She found the tape left behind by Sooho on the 1 year anniversary of their blind date or whatever.

She decided it was the time to listen to it.

She took the tape with her and went to Rome Café.
The first thing she did was sit in his place, of course.

Just like last time, she started with building a matchstick tower. Thinking about the first time her heart fluttered made her smile unknowingly.

This time, she managed to complete the tower.

She took out her headphones and plugged them in.
She took a deep breath and started the tape.

"Yeongro-ya."

She started tearing up just by hearing his voice calling her affectionately.
How was she going to go through the whole tape?

"I remember when I first met you at Rome Café,"

Heck. The place she was sitting in. All memories rushed through her head. She was gonna have a breakdown for sure.

"when I saw you trying to stop the matchstick tower from collapsing."

She glanced a little at the matchstick tower she built. At that moment, she wasn't sure what she was more mesmerised by; the matchstick tower or the man himself.

"Actually, you have been in my heart since then."

During the first few days of the hostage situation, Yeongro had always thought about how Sooho faked his feelings from the very beginning and betrayed her. And now she gets to know that he liked her since their first sight? This was gonna get worst.

"If I was an ordinary young man, then I would have asked you out that day."

She had wondered why Sooho ghosted her for 6 months and was so kind all of the sudden when she helped him hide. Not that he didn't give off a gentle vibe from the start, she just found it weird. He was probably suffering from his own feelings.

"Then we would have dated, right?"

Tears glided down her eyes. She was in so much pain that words can't even explain her feelings.

"Going to amusement park and the movies with you, I wanted to spend a long time with you."

As if the pain was not enough, the thought of having a 'normal' life and living like 'normal couples' was something both of them wished for the most.

"How did I become someone who shouldn't stay by your side?"

She silently started crying for real now as she felt his voice breaking. It did her hurt her.
When everyone left her, Sooho was always there with her. He always stood by her side and comforted her. She could cry all she wanted when she was with him but never once, did she even wonder he would be so hurt.
He too was betrayed and had no one with him, but still he showed as if he was fine and strong as to not hurt Yeongro.

"But, I never regret meeting you. Yeongro, you bloomed like a Seolganghwa flower inside me who was so cold. Thank you."

She started crying harder. Everyone was looking at her but she didn't care.

"I am leaving but I will remember you forever."

Sooho had told Yeongro that he would forget about her the moment he gets out of the dorm. It really felt like an arrow pierced through her heart whenever he gave the cold shoulder. She put her hand on her mouth and closed her eyes.

"Eun Yeongro,"

She knew what was coming next. She just didn't want to believe it.

"I love you."

That was it for her. She wasn't dumb, she knew it had contained his true feelings for her. That was the reason she avoided it the whole time. Yet, she decided to go and listen to it.

She hugged the tape and nodded.

"I love you too. I love you, Im Sooho." she whispered.

The owner noticed her crying and went to ask what was wrong. She closed her eyes and asked for a tissue.
She wiped her tear-drenched face and sniffed. The owner passed her a glass of water and she thanked him.

She managed to fake a smile until she got to her dorm room. Her unnies were there, but she didn't care.

She cried as loud as possible. The other three tried to comfort her but they couldn't even get near her.

꒰꒰・┄┄┄┄・♡・┄┄┄┄・꒱꒱

˚₊ ๑ ⌗ 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲 💭
— this chapter was so cliché during the first parts omg but it's gonna get more and more cringey lmao
— i might edit this >o<
— i tried to put some reactions in b/w the tape to prevent y'all from crying TOT
— anwyays, new outro y'all !!
・₊˚💌

˚➶ 。˚ 𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘀 ᝬ 🖇
— © coffeehaesoo 2022 ♡ᵎ
— all rights reserved ༉‧₊˚
— ↷ ⋯ do not repost !¡
・₊˚🥛

⋆   ﹒  ⁺  ﹒ ☆﹒  ⁺  ﹒⋆   ﹒  ⁺  ﹒  ★ ﹒  ⁺