The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3

You had never been on a pirate ship before. You definitely never been part of a pirate crew. But you definitely enjoyed it.

You looked out at the sea with an old spyglass which you used to heighten your super vision. There had been rumors and tales about this fabled Candied Island. No one had found it yet.

Zak: Any sign of it?

You lowered the spyglass.

Y/N: No, not yet. We'll wait for Brat to return.

Zak nodded. You collapsed the spyglass and tucked if back into your coat. You both then looked back to where Flapjack was steering. He had his eyes on the horizon.

You could tell that he had been doing this for a while now. The ship you were on, named Bubbie, was a magnificent ship for someone without a crew.

Zak: Do you think we can really trust him?

Y/N: Dude, if he tries anything, you have two superhumans backing you up. What could he even do?

Zak: That's....a good point.

Besides, you felt like you could trust him. Something about him.

Power Up!

You and Zak headed up to the top part of the ship. Courage was sitting next for Flapjack, enjoying the sea breeze.

Y/N: Captain.

Flapjack: Just call me Flapjack. Any word from your friend yet?

Brat: Word.

You all looked up just as Brat flew back onto the ship. She dusted her pants off, the pants that Flapjack had given her after she complained about the dress, while Flapjack watched.

Flapjack: So, how can she fly like that?

Y/N: Oh, uh, on one of our adventures, we, uh, found a gem. A magical gem! It, ah, gave her powers.

Flapjack: Fascinating.

Brat walked over to the four of you.

Flapjack: Any sign of it?

Brat: Nope. There's nothing in this area. There was an island west of here, but the map said it was Canny Island or something.

Flapjack: I know of it. I actually went there as a boy. A fearsome beast lives there. She's a friend.

You smiled a bit.

Y/N: You've been adventuring for a long time, then?

Flapjack: Aye. Ever since I was a boy. I was part of a much smaller crew then. We didn't even have a ship.

Zak: How did you get around?

Flapjack chuckled.

Flapjack: With Bubbie.

You looked confused. This ship was named Bubbie. But he said he didn't have a ship.

Flapjack: The original Bubbie. She was a whale. The fastest whale. Though, she told me that gloating gets you nothing but trouble. She was the one who raised me.

A whale? You weren't even really surpised given what you had seen lately.

Brat: Who was on the crew?

Flapjack: Me, Bubbie, and......my old mentor K'nuckles. He was a........he was troubled.

He didn't sound like he had many fond memories of him.

Flapjack: His greed and selfishness got us into a lot of trouble. I was usually caught in the crossfire. He was a lonely man who couldn't see past his own ambition.