𝟯🌙

When tanjiro did that thingy with nezuko to attack rui, mugi showed up and pushed rui away, which resulted in her getting hurt.

Angered, rui picked mugi up and glared at tanjiro and nezuko, ready to attack them.

"Wait, that....mugi?!" Tanjiro remembered tamayo's words and looked at rui and then to mugi who was whining because of her getting hurt.

"Don't worry, mugi. I'll take revenge for you. Nobody hurts you, especially these humans." Rui clicked his tongue.

"Mugi, step away from that spider demon and go home please! Tamayo-sama and yushiro is waiting for you!" Tanjiro said, gripping his sword tighter.

Hearing tamayo and yushiro's name, mugi's ears perked up and she looked at rui. "Ui~ home!"

"Home? do you mean you want to go home? Your home is with me." Rui said as he hugged her tighter.

"Ui..."

Seeing her soft eyes, rui gritted his teeth and looked away. "Fine, we'll visit them or something..."

"Yay!" Mugi cheered.

"Mugi....please step away from that spider demon..." tanjiro pleaded while still gripping his sword.

Looking at tanjiro and nezuko, mugi frowned. They tried to hurt rui which was a big no no in her mind.

"No! Ui is nice! I like him." She said and rubbed her head on rui's shoulder while rui who was holding her gave a ghost smile before he quickly ran away from the two siblings with mugi in his hands.

"Ah- wait! Come back here you coward!" Tanjiro screeched, throwing his arms around in the air like a crazy person.

"Hmm!" Nezuko looked at mugi worriedly but she herself is also focusing on her recovery first as she took quite lots of bruises from rui.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Rui can feel that muzan is on his way to get him. Either to ask for reports and he let rui off or kill him off.

He looked down at the drowsy mugi in his arm and ran to a nearby rundown house. "Mugi, i need to leave. Someone dangerous is coming for me, you can stay here and wait for me or go to that place you call home before. I'll find you."

Mugi rubbed her eyes and sadly looked at rui, "ui...stay!" She tugged on his kimono sleeves.

Feeling a tug on his heart, rui grabbed her hands and give her a hug. "I'll find you after i finish what i need to do, okay? I promise." He mumbled as he snuggled to her hair.

"Um..." mugi could only hum sadly and hugged rui back.

Not long after, rui left and mugi sighed while sitting there staring at nothing in the run down house. She could go back to tamayo and yushiro but it's been several months and she had bad memories, so it would be kinda difficult for her to maneuver herself back as usual.

When the next night arrive, mugi thought that it was time to move and she walked out of the house. Walking a few steps away, the house suddenly broke down and mugi was like
( : ౦ ‸ ౦ : ) before she ran away, panicking.