Smoke Signals

(MOON POV)

He let me out.. finally. I carefully watch everything happening around me, looking for the right moment. Mrs. Petal was loosing it, begging for me to turn the lights on. Unlike Sun, it was easy for me to ignore her. I looked for Y/N. I peeked out of the day care and scanned the whole area but saw nothing. I sat on the ground, and listened. I could hear their voice lightly. It was so beautiful, even when they were angry. I hate that it had to be like this. 

They were far away, near the entrance. I heard them yelling at Jay. They could make it out. That's all I cared about. I just wanted them to be happy.

"What is wrong with you??" Mrs. Petal screamed at me. 

"You, you're the problem."

"Give me my Sundrop back."

"No. You can burn knowing the last thing he will remember you doing is trying to kill the one he loves." 

"BURN?"

Now was my only chance, if I wanted to make sure they would get out of here safe. I unscrewed the top of my pointer finger, and ignited the flame. I set fire to everything flammable I could see in the day care. Mrs. Petal was screaming. I watched the fire spread, and sat on the floor in it's beauty. 

I listened for Y/N's voice. Any second know the fire alarm would go off, and they would be gone for good. I listened to the faint sound of their beautiful voice. These were the last sounds I would ever hear from them, I took them in as much as I could. I am glad their pain would be gone. 

I stepped outside of the day care, which I usually was never allowed to do, and set fire to everything I could. Then I heard it, the blaring fire alarm. Mrs. Petal pulled it. I heard Y/N scream. I am so sorry for causing you so much pain and fear. 

I looked behind me to see Mrs. Petal start to catch fire. She was screaming at me, and I smile and waved at her. Her pain would be gone soon now. I was only saving myself until I heard Y/N leave, then I could go in peace. 

I took a few more steps out, setting tables and papers on fire. Anything I knew would burn. All I could hear now was Jay and Y/N screaming, trying to put the fire out. They would never win. 

I heard the front door swing open, and Jay yelling "Come on!", then a slam. They were gone, for good. I sat in the middle of the room and waited for the fire to get to me. 

I saw Freddy and the others racing out, trying to avoid the fire and getting burnt. They made it to an exit. At least they could be free. I know Y/N cared for them.

I felt a glitch in our system. I guess I didn't think of it. The light from the fire, and the darkness of the lighting, it wasn't in our coding to understand this mixed lighting. We were both here now. We would go out together. 

(Y/N POV)

I heard the slam of the back exit doors, and ran to go see who had made it out. Please let them be there. I understand now. Please.

I saw 4 of them had made it out. The closer I got, I could make out faces. No Sun, no Moon. 

"Are you okay Y/N?" asked Freddy

"Where are they?? Are they still in there?? Did you see Sun or Moon?"

"No I didn't see him. I am so sorry." 

"Did any of you?? Where are they?"

Chica perked her head up. 

"I saw them.. they were sitting, in the middle of it. I think they started the fire... I tried to call out for them, but they were just sitting there. They didn't want to go."

"You didn't get them??"

I ran back to the front of the building, where Jay was calling the fire department. I ran towards the doors, but he stopped me with his whole body. 

"JAY LET ME IN"

"Y/N you can't save him now. He is gone"

"DON'T SAY THAT, LET ME IN"

"I can't let you do that, you're going to die"

I took every bit of muscle strength I had and pushed him away for the split second I needed to dart in. I heard him screaming behind me. 

I looked around to see if there was any clear path. It was so hard to breathe, I tried to take deep breaths. 

"SUN? MOON? WHERE ARE YOU??"

I saw a path that hadn't been fully taken over by flame yet, and ran down it. It lead towards the day care. Please be safe. Please be okay.

"PLEASE, WHERE ARE YOU????"

I got no response. I began mentally praying to whatever might be up there to let me find him. I  needed him. Please. I can't let him go like this. 

I looked in the day care, which was completely on fire. I saw the remains of what seemed to be Mrs. Petal, oh my god, please tell me he wasn't in there.

I screamed and screamed and looked all around the day care. The only place that wasn't fully on fire yet was the main hall. If they weren't there, they were gone. I pulled my shirt over my face and ran there. 

In the middle of the floor, there they were. They were laying down, ready to burn, some of them already on fire. 

"There you are!"

I ran straight to them. They looked scared to see me. 

"Y/N, YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW."