two

"o-okay, yeah." y/n stuttered, nervously making her way over to the couch. she sat a few feet away from ariana, too afraid to get close to her.

ariana side-eyed her, a small giggle escaping her lips. "you can get a little closer—i'm not contagious or anything." although ariana knew she was joking, y/n couldn't tell because of the tone she was using.

y/n just stared blankly at her, seriously not knowing if ariana actually meant "get closer."

"dude, why the fuck are you looking at me like that? we can't write a song of you're light years away from me. you're so weird." ariana laughed, leaning back as she flipped through the book.

y/n nodded, hesitantly moving closer so they were about a foot away. "sorry," she muttered, scratching the back of her neck. "mhm." ariana hummed, not paying attention.

y/n glanced over ariana's book herself, a page titled "i don't fucking know" caught her eye.

"can—can i see that real quick?" she questioned, hoping the girl wouldn't snap at her. ariana just glanced up, nodding her head as she handed y/n the book. instead, she grabbed her coffee and examined the room as she sipped on her drink.

will i ever love the same way again?
will i ever love somebody like the way i did you?

   "this is really good! wow," she breathed, continuing to read on with the verse. ariana giggled beside her, shrugging like it was nothing. "i know."

   the song only stopped after one verse, but y/n's mind was already racing with another and a possibility for the chorus. "i really, really like this, ariana." y/n complimented, placing the book down on the table in front of them. "it's beautiful."

   "well of course it is—i wrote it." ariana cockily spoke, standing up to walk around the large room. "you wanna build off of that?" she questioned, fiddling with the cup of pencils she came across.

   y/n's eyebrows perked up in interest. "of course. if that's good with you?" y/n was literally walking on her tip-toes. she was terrified of setting her off and ariana ripping off her ball sack.

"mhm, sure." it was very clear to y/n that ariana was barely paying attention, but at least she isn't yelling at her like she was ten minutes ago.

"cool. um, i like this line here; but i just wanna know, is love completely off the table?" y/n stood up, beginning to pace the length of the room with ariana's book in her hands.

the taller girl glanced at ariana, "do you have a way you want this to sound? that'll definitely help when trying to finish the rest of the song."

ariana nodded, pressing her hands against the counter of the small bar to pull herself up, sitting herself down. "i recorded a little bit of it on my memos—hold up."

pulling out her phone, she made her way to the voice memos, finding the recording from last week. "here," she pressed play, the smooth sound of ariana's voice ringing throughout the air.

y/n listened intently, nodding her head gently along to the flow of the lyrics. the short memo ended after only a few lines, but that's all y/n needed to have it stuck in her head.

"that's good, good." she whispered to herself, quickly making her way over to her own book as her thoughts bursted. she pulled out her phone shortly after, snapping a picture of the small verse ariana had written.

she placed ariana's book to the table, flipping hers open to the next blank page. with the picture of ariana's lyrics next to her, she chewed on her nails as she tried to think of another verse that merged well with what ariana had.

as y/n thought, she heard the sound of ariana's phone going off. the owner picked it up, smiling as she saw the message from her fiancé.

dalton<3: she trying anything?

ariana giggled, glancing over her phone to look at a focused y/n who had her head shoved into her book. her eyes trailed down to the hand that rested on her thigh, the band across her ring finger catching her attention.

ariana: nope, i shut her down before she could. plus, i don't think she's interested, she's got a ring on her finger

she then set her phone down, not even caring if dalton texted her back. "you got a girl back home?" she hummed, twirling her hair with her finger.

y/n's head shot up, her brows furrowed in confusion. "wh—uh, yeah...?" she answered, slowing closing the book in her hands. ariana smirked, hopping off the bar.

"what's her name?" she walked over to y/n, sitting down across from her on the couch. she watched as y/n smiled, licking her lips. "daisy. her name's daisy."

"hm, cute. are you guys engaged or have we already sealed the deal?" ariana hummed, sitting with her legs crossed atop of the couch.

y/n's smile only grew as she leaned back in her seat. "we're just engaged. uh, we've been planning since last year and we hope to have the wedding in august."

ariana nodded, suddenly asking herself why the fuck she cared. "what's she look like?" she completely ignored y/n's statement about the wedding, just curious at what kind of person would want to marry someone like her.

y/n picked up her phone, scrolling through her pictures to find daisy smiling larger than ever. "uh, here." she flipped her phone around, showing ariana a picture of daisy as she held their shared dog.

ariana laughed as she looked at the picture, stunned at how beautiful the woman actually was. she had long black hair and stunning blue eyes that stared into the camera, her teeth shining brightly.

"how the fuck did you pull her, god?!" she laughed louder, standing from the couch to retrieve her phone that suddenly began ringing. y/n frowned, having thought the same thing through the years she's been with her fiancée.

daisy was the popular, hot girl in school while y/n had always been the awkward person that stood where no one could see her. it was a shock to her when daisy asked her to go to their junior prom together, and after that when she asked y/n on an actual date. they had been together since then, and y/n was now twenty-four.

she shoved her phone into her pocket as she watched ariana answer hers. "hi baby." she heard her answer, a small giggle escaping her lips.

"of course, we aren't really doing much...okay, i'll be home soon. bye, love you too." ariana muttered, walking back to the couch as she hung up the phone. "that was my fiancé and i have to go."

she picked up her book, holding it in the same hand as her phone. the other grabbed her coffee as she sent y/n a half-assed smile. "bye, we'll meet again friday and you can tell me what you've got."

y/n nodded, twisting her lips to the side. "yeah, i'll see you."

ariana walked off, muttering a, "bye weirdo," as she walked out the door.

y/n huffed, throwing her head back. "i'm going to fucking die before i finish this song."

——
i'm here again

discover 2.0 is coming tomorrow, if ur interested

i love you so much <333