48

When I woke up I had so many thoughts going through my head, but the one that stays at the surface is my father. How he planned to use me, by killing my mate. How sick and twisted can one man be? I knew he wasn't a great father, not for me at least. I never expected him to take shit this far though.

I won't let him... I'll kill him if I have to...

I don't like to think of killing my own father, but if it's him or us I choose us. He would never accept Max's mate, and he planned to kill mine to make me kill all vampires. I needed to learn more about the vampires, which ones were good and which ones weren't.

"You okay love?" Zane asks as he snuggles into me on the couch.

"Yeah, just thinking."

He starts tracing patterns on my arm with his finger "About what?"

"Everything."

He slowly starts kissing along my shoulder "What's the main thing?"

"I think we need to meet with some of the vampire covens that don't believe in what the Royal Coven does. At least some of their leaders."

This must get his attention because he sits up on his elbow and stares at me.

"I think you're right."

Well I wasn't expecting it to be that easy...

"Really?" I can't keep the surprise from my voice.

He laughs "yeah, I think it's a good idea. I do think we need to be careful about it though. Make sure we don't draw any unwanted attention."

"So how do we do that?"

He kisses my forehead and says "Leave it to me."

He leans down to kiss me, but before he can there's a panic knocking at the door.

"NOVA!"

We both snap our heads to the door as Felix comes racing in. He looks so panicked and is out of breath.

"What's wrong?" I ask him as I jump up.

"It's the full moon tonight." His eyes are wide and I'm confused at first. Then it hits me

Alexa is going through her first shift!

"Shit! Where is she?" I head to the door, I have to find her and help her.

"On the training field. I tried to help her, but I think something is wrong. Zara, Talia and Layla are with her, but she was screaming for you." I can see how scared he is and it's putting me on edge, I have to get to my sister and fast.

Fuck the elevator...

I turn and head to the balcony, as I open the door and step out I turn to Felix and Zane "Y'all meet me there." And then I dive.

I can hear Felix yell "What the fuck!" But I assume Zane will fill him in.

I shift half way down and land on my paws and take off to the training field. I see a small crowd growing and it pisses me off she isn't a damn side show attraction.

I let out a loud and fierce growl. Thankfully they seem to understand because the crowd quickly disperses. All except for the girls that should be here, and KC is here now too.

I stay in my wolf form and walk up to Alexa. She is still in human form, but I can tell some bones have broken and she's covered in sweat while crying out in pain. I whimper from seeing her like this.

No...

I get as close as I can and when she sees me she starts crying harder.

"Nova... it h-hurts." She cries to me.

I try to cuddle up to her as best I can without really touching her. I gently nudge my nose against her cheek. Trying to let her know I'm here for her. She screams out as I hear more bones break.

Fucking Selene! Help her!

I hear Felix and Zane approach us. Felix drops to his knees on the other side of Alexa. I can see the tears running down his face, it's killing him seeing his mate like this.

"You got this baby, you're strong." He tries to smile at her.

She let's out another ear piercing scream, and I start to feel panicked. It shouldn't be this hard.

'What's wrong with her?' Zane links me.

'Honestly, I'm not sure. It shouldn't be this bad.' I tell him.

'What can we do?' He asks.

'Leave it to me.'

I decide to try the only thing I can think of. I let out a deep commanding growl, trying to pull her wolf form out. The power of my growl is so strong that everyone seems to feel it's effects, they all shift unintentionally. Even Zane is now standing behind me in wolf form.

That's when it happens, fur starts to sprout and spread across her body. Her shift is almost instant. I think she must have been unintentionally fighting against it. Everyone takes a step back in shock though.

I definitely didn't see this one coming...

Alexa let's out a whimper and Felix comes up beside her. He puts his snout under her stomach and helps her stand. She's a little shaky at first, but soon is walking around trying to look at her tail. It's cute actually.

We all play and run for a little bit and let Alexa get the feel of her new form. After a few hours we all head back to the house. There's a few piles of clothes on the back porch. I guess Zane had linked someone and told them to have us all clothes waiting.

We all shift and dress quickly. I notice however that Alexa is still in her wolf form with her head cocked to the side. I walk up to her and gently pet her head.

"You're absolutely gorgeous."

She gives me a wolfy smile and barks at me.

"Just imagine yourself as a human. Think about your human body and how you look."

She nods and stands taking a few steps back. Finally she shifts. I walk up and hand her the clothes, but she quickly pulls me into an embrace.

"Thank you." I hear her sniffle.

"Of course. Now get dressed before Felix has a heart attack." I giggle.

After she dresses we're all still standing on the back porch. Everyone is giving Alexa a hug and telling her she did good. No one has brought up what she is though.

Might as well...

"You did do amazing, but there's something we need to talk about." I cut through everyone to stand in front of her.

She looks confused as she says "Okay?"

"It might not mean that for her. I mean, I've never heard of a turned shifter being one." Zane says.

"She's my sister, trust me if it's possible for anyone it's her." I tell him.

"Are you sure?" Felix asks.

"One way to find out." I make my claw grow out and before he can move I run it across Felix's chest.

"What the fuck Nova!" Alexa yells as she quickly pushes me away and puts her hand on his chest.

But the next thing that happens proves I'm right. When her hand touches his chest a bright light comes from her palm. His cut is instantly healed. She backs up slightly and stares at her hands.

"W-what? But... I mean... how?" She stutters out.

I just smile at her. "You're a white wolf. A healer wolf."

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)