06.

He The Luna.

Julian.

I had done it, I had confessed, said it aloud and with everyone as witness, I could feel the burden lift off my shoulders, feel the weight of it all going away, I wasn't perfect, but I could try be enough for him, I chose him because he was it for me, and being with Kara, wouldn't have made me happy, I couldn't punish her for my cowardice, punish her for something I was responsible for, so I chose my love, chose the only one my lycan wanted, the one who completed me, in the most intimate of ways, as we embraced each other, I hated how our moment was shot down.

Screams echoed all around us, as I stood ready to defend the mate I had chosen, my whole being had chosen against my father. "You can kill each other later." Beta Granger growled out as he and the head warrior came to stand by my father. "We have bigger problems right now, and it seems they are about to attack." He further added, I knew I had to protect the pack, it's what an alpha did, but my mate wasn't safe either, who would protect River if I left him. Then I felt him shift behind me. "You need to go with them, I'll help evacuate everyone." He mumbled and as I looked into his eyes, all the apprehension melted away. "Are you sure?" I demanded and he nodded. "Besides, I'm not alone." He added as his brother, who I knew at this point certainly hated me showed up.

"Alpha Khan, they are attacking!" Another scream made my father and his beta turn around and go defend the pack. "Julian." The head warrior called out and I nodded toward River before joining him and we took off to fight the rogues. "How did they get past patrol, or get into the territory?" I questioned the lycan warriors surrounding me but none of them knew anything, so we attacked. "Julian, protect the children, Granger,  circle around, Kent, with me." My father ordered and I jumped into action, tackling a shifted wolf to the ground, partially shifting my hands I tore its throat out, this was the difference between wolves and lycans, we were the superior species, attacking more rogues and trying to keep the children safe was hard as they kept coming foward.

My father holwed louldy calling for backup as he shifted into his lycan form, something was wrong, I knew it the moment the ground thundered. Before I could move and go help my father a wave of magic rippled out from behind me, I knew the feel of if, I would always know it. "Crystal protectus!" He commanded as walls made white crystals burst out from the ground shooting high up into the sky blocking the rogues from getting through to us but we could kill the ones inside with us. "Everyone this way, follow the light!" He ordered the lycan guests of my disastrous engagement ceremony as he floated in the sky, he looked divine, his silver hair floating in the air and eyes pure blue, the light he conjured shined brightly as everyone followed it.

The walls began to crack as more force from the outside was being applied. "Get ready." Kirk asserted next to me in his lycan form, pieces of his suit still clinging to his furry body. "We are about to meet a full horde of rogues." Riley added as he stalked toward us in his human form, but that changed as he shifted into his wolf form, which made all the warriors gasp, not a drop of colour, purely white. "Riley, I can't hold the spell any longer, but I need you to clear out when I drop it." River spoke as he raised his hands to the sky. "We might want to get back." The silver wolf spoke as he turned to create distance, none of us argued, we just followed him. "What's he doing?" My father asked through the link. "I don't know, but get clear." I warned him and he along with the others did get clear just as the walls cracked and finally shattered into tiny pieces of glass.

Dark thunder rumbled in the sky, as we readied to fight the rogues, but sparks made my fur tingle and electrified. "Lightning Storm." That single spell, decimated the rogues who were about to attack, as they entered the range of the lightning, they would be levitated upward and wide bolts of blue lightning hit, over and over again until the stench of burnt fur made the air sour, bolt after bolt the rogues were killed until the spell wore off and the clouds vanished. "Kill whatever is left." My father whispered in absolute shock, the warriors took charge to scour for any who were still alive but none. "Alpha, they are all dea—" As the warrior reported an arrow whizzed by me headed straight for my father, none of us were fast enough, as only the slash of a blade made it to our ears before we recognized Riley, who had shifted, a crystal blade in his hands which he had use to cut the arrow aimed at my father.

Deep in the woods an explosion occured taking our attention yet again. "Did you get them?" Riley asked River surprising me and the pack, how had they known, how had they been so quick to find the archer. "Yeah, got him." River replied as disjointed symbols emerged in front of his palms and they began to rotate anti clockwise, the crystal pillars that were still standing began to disappear one by one, as rain clouds gathered in the sky. "We could use a little rain." I heard him say just as the rain began to fall, but that's not all that fell, I could sense it before he fell, he was drained, so I shifted into my lycan form, propelled myself up and caught him before he truly fell. The rain began to pelt us down but none of us made a move to leave.

River was now unconscious, safely tucked in my arms. "He drained himself." Riley spoke as his wolf nuzzled his brother, my father, the beta, the head warrior, they all shifted back but never left, as the rain continued, the fire was put out and more pack members who had been part of the ceremony began to come back to the grounds, I wondered why no one was leaving, my father most of all, hadn't he hated the mate I had chosen, he had wanted to kill him before. "He saved us." Beta Granger stated as more of the pack gathered. "Yes, and yet we have barely welcomed him into the pack." Elder Errin spoke as she and her family made way toward us, she laid a palm on my upper bicep  wanting to sneak in a look at the witch who had amazed us. "I think we need to talk, when he wakes up." My father, the alpha muttered as elder Errin began a howl of praise, one by one we all joined in, praising and thanking the witch who had helped us without ever being asked to do so.

As everyone dispersed much like the rain, I looked to Riley who lowered himself to the ground, he wanted his brother, and they had to leave, yet for some reason, I couldn't let him go, for once I had held him like a lover in front of everyone, as a witness, I didn't want that moment to end, but all good things must come to an end, so I stood up, slowly shifting back. I placed him on the wolf's back and just as I did, River held on to Riley, he was still out but it was a reaction I knew all too well, even when he was still out his body was familiar with Riley, so naturally it would respond, I hoped one day it would be like that for us.

Riley nodded toward me and Kirk before he stood up to his full height in wolf form, ridiculously huge, as he took off in the night, I wanted to follow him, make sure they got home safe, but when I was about to take off Kirk held me back. "Let them go, today has been a lot for them, but you've made the first step in the right direction, and for once I could say, I'm proud of you." Kirk exclaimed as he let go of my arm and I turned to face him fully. "You think so?" I asked and he snickered. "You've got one spectacular mate alpha, and a very strong luna for us all, I can't wait to see what will happen from here on out." He cheered and rambled on like a child, and as I indulged him, I knew, tomorrow was a new day, a new day to prove myself, I was worthy of River Brooke.

+++

Saint_Jay