Chapter 67

~???'s POV~

~30 years later~

I sifted through the dusty ash-encrusted things scattered around the room.

"Nothing yet?" My partner asked me.

"Nope. I found a few drawings, but that's it."

We had been lucky that the old restaurant was still standing. Nobody had knocked it down for some reason.

My partner and I wanted to take all of the creepy artifacts that still lie here, and make an attraction out of it.

"Put the drawings over there in that pile."

I placed the pieces of paper on a stack of blackened boxes. The drawings portrayed little children playing with either a rabbit, a bear, or a duck. I've always wondered why nobody ever drew the fox.

I took a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and lit one. My girlfriend had forced me to stop smoking weed, so this was all I had left. At least I know where she hides it.

"Dude, look at this."

My partner called me from the other side of the room.

"What'd you find?"

He picked up a large animatronic fox head. The jaw dangled loosely and it was covered in cobwebs, but it could definitely work well.

"Nice. That's perfect. Let's hang it up over on that wall."

After nailing it to the wall, we went back to our search.

"So we've pretty much gotten all of the old guys back. What else can we find?"

"I don't know. There has to be something still to find. I can feel it."

"Why don't we use that box of old shells we put in the office?"

"There's nothing important in there. Those other guys don't really matter. Nobody will be interested in them."

"But what about the hook and the little paper plate thing?"

"It's all useless. We have to find something real, or else we can't make money off this place."

I took a break and leaned up against a wall. I sighed and threw my head back. I hit the wall.

I held my hand on the back of my head while my partner stared at the wall.

"What?" I asked.

"It made an echo. There might be something behind that wall."

He ran and grabbed two large sledgehammers.

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. I know what I heard. We might as well try anyway. If we don't find anything, than it's no big deal."

I went to work and began to break the wall down.

"There is a room over there."

We continued breaking it down until we made a hole big enough to break through.

"Woah...what is this place?"

"I don't know. It was probably boarded up for a reason, though."

I took out a flashlight and turned it on.

"It looks just like a regular room."

We walked around until we found three arcade machines.

"Dude, people will love to play this stuff. If we can get it working, we can make an arcade here too. Do you know how much money we can get from that?"

"True, but we have to keep looking. There might be something else here."

We searched the room and found nothing.

"Well, at least we have something."

We were about to leave the room, when I noticed something.

"Did we ever check near that wall?"

"I don't think so. Why, do you see something?"

I shined the light along the wall until a yellow-green animatronic showed up.

"What the f**k is that!?" I yelled.

"It looks like a really old animatronic. I think it's a rabbit of some sort."

"Does it still work?"

The eyes lit up.

"It works."

"We found one. A real one."