016

"You bastard!" Senpai stormed into the apartment, throwing his phone on the table before facing his older counterpart who was innocently taking a bag of skittles from the cupboard. "You didn't tell me about Y/n!"

"What do you-"

Senpai tried to sock Sensei in the jaw, but was stopped by his infinity. The skittles were the only casualty.

"I just got off a call with her!" Senpai gritted his teeth. "If you just told me I wouldn't have hurt her again!"

Sensei grumbled to himself, bending down to pick up his fallen snack. "You called her?"

"I-I did," he pressed his lips together, "but she called me too! Tell me where the fuck she is! Is she safe?! You knew, didn't you?!"

Sensei let off a soft sigh, plopping a floor skittle in his mouth. If you decided to disclose it yourself, what was there for him to hide? "She's in 2007."

"Bull-fucking-shit!" Senpai scoffed, "Stop lying, we both know that's not true!"

"I'm not lying," Sensei shook his head, before trying to explain it all. It was a bit confusing, and Senpai was having difficulties believing it. But he couldn't disprove it either. Everything was just too complicated to really argue in the first place.

"W-why didn't you..."

"She didn't want me to tell you." He was blunt, "but if she called you, there's nothing really to hide."

Senpai still didn't know what to believe. But there was only one way he knew he could find out for himself.

He took out his phone to dial your number.

"Put that down!" Sensei hissed, trying to grab the phone but it was no use. Senpai kept calling, but it only went to voicemail.

"God damn it, Y/n. Pick up the phone! Did she block me?!"

After a few more tries, he dropped his phone in defeat. "She blocked me... I... fuck."

Shaking his head, he tossed the phone to Sensei. "I fucked up bad, me-two. You were just respecting her wishes, weren't you? I don't know what to do. She hates - no, no she made it clear she didn't. She just doesn't believe me."

Gojo-Sensei almost looked a little sympathetic, but he shook it off. "What did you say to her?"

Senpai gulped. "I told her I love her."

Sensei closed his eyes. "You and I both know you can't. Even if you do love her, it's too risky to play with sorcerers. She can wound up getting hurt-"

"I'm swear I'm not going to-"

"-by someone else." Sensei concluded. "You're the strongest. If you drag her into your life, she'll only be exploited by others as your weakness. What if she gets kidnapped? What would you give up to get her back?"

Senpai sat in silence.

Letting off a small sigh, Sensei handed his phone back to Senpai. "At the end of the day my life is mine, and your life is yours. If you found someone you love so much you'd be willing to pursue despite the risk, I can't stop you. But you can't pretend that the risk doesn't exist. For your sake, and for hers."

And so Sensei took out his phone and dialed your number.

"Me-two what are you-"

"-Stay quiet." Sensei hushed. "Don't you want me to make sure she's alright?"

That shut him up completely.

And so the phone rung out on speakerphone. ...ring ...ring ...ring.

... "Hello?"