𝟏𝟖. chupacabra

WHITE FLAG

chapter eighteen : chupacabra
{ season two - episode five }

JUST LIKE THE day before, some of the group all stood around the same car for a small meeting

JUST LIKE THE day before, some of the group all stood around the same car for a small meeting. The people surrounding the car were the strongest ones in the group, although Kloe didn't believe them when they said she was one of the strongest.

This time, it was Rick, Shane, Andrea, Daryl, T-Dog and Kloe standing around the car. The younger Schmidt glanced over her shoulder, noticing Lori and Carol were doing the laundry. She guessed Zayn was still sleeping, he told them that he couldn't get much sleep. Dale was most likely in his RV and Glenn was nowhere to be seen.

It was the next morning, a new day, and Kloe still had embarrassment rowing through her veins every time she stumbled past Maggie.

Rick pointed to a specific location on the map as she turned back around, "All right, everyone's getting new search grids today," he informed, his eyes switching between the five of them, "If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far."

Just as Shane opened the door to the passenger side of a car, the youngest Greene's boyfriend approached them, "I'd like to help." Simultaneously, they all looked up at the boy. He had his hands in his pockets. "I know the area pretty well and stuff."

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick inquired quietly. It was quite plainly obvious that the boy had snuck out, but it wasn't the group's problem.

"Yeah, yeah," Jimmy replied instantly, lying through his teeth, "uh, he said I should ask you." Kloe stared at the boy unconvincingly, she only noticed that she was staring when the boy avoided eye contact with her, as if once he would look at her, something bad would happen.

Rick nodded, "All right then. Thanks." Jimmy nodded in response.

"Nothing about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me," Shane spoke up, adjusting his shoes on his injured foot. "Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse."

"Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea commented, shifting weight onto her other leg.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yea-high," Daryl stated, buttoning up his shirt.

"It's a good lead," Kloe added, nodding her head at what Daryl had said.

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again," Rick suggested optimistically.

"No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse," Daryl leaned forward, pressing his index finger against the map, "head up this ridge right here, get a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her."

"Good idea," T-Dog nodded, impressed at the man. "Maybe you'll see your chupacabra up there too."

The biggest silly grin formed onto the youngest Schmidt's lips as she held back a laugh, getting the memory of when Daryl told them a story the day Zayn, Glenn and her shortly arrived at the camp.