Chapter 37

"Alice...what you the world are you doing," Irene sighed as she watched the girl trying to get on a horse without a saddle. "Riding a horse..." Alice said meekly as she was halfway getting on the horse

Irene looked at the child, and smiled, "Oh yes, however, Alice you need a saddle first, now please come down," Irene said trying her best to guide her down, hoping the little girl doesn't slip.

Irene's luck was never the best.

"Alice!" Irene screamed as she saw the brown-haired girl lose her balance and was falling. Alice was so close to falling, however, Ralph quickly caught her.

"Oh thank you, Sir Ralph, I could've gotten hurt," Alice said thanking Ralph who caught her just in time.

Irene was actually glad for Ralph being here near her for the first time. Irene was about to approach her...but.

"Irene, I'm quite jealous, you have such a great personal guard," Alice said innocently, Irene's movements froze. Irene looked at the girl smiling, "Ah I see, you seem to say the word jealous a lot.." she said uncomfortably.

Alice's eyes widen and opened her mouth to explain. However before she could reply, the 3 idiots entered the stable with the horses they had chosen.

"We chose these horses," Robert came in, they did not know they were entered into an awkward atmosphere.

Irene felt like she was about to burst, she was about to get an answer from Alice. Now they've done it, Irene thought, she felt like she was walking on a tight rope. Controlling emotions are something else.

She quickly kept a nice smile, "Yes, what wonderful horses you've chosen, next time no need to show me what horses you chose," Irene said.

The boys felt awkward, Alice suddenly picked a horse and the next thing lead to another they all had horses. Irene already has her horse of her own.

"You are not riding a white horse?" Lucas asked, as she saw Irene come out with a dark fur horse, Irene looked at them.

"Yes...?" Irene replied confused, "I thought your whole vibe was white, so it would make sense if you came out with a white horse," Trevor rambled on. Irene looked at them.

"These are horses...I just chose the one I really liked and got along with, not to match my aesthetic," Irene replied to them. The boys felt a bit embarrassed and shook it off by quickly changing the subject.

"A-anyways let's go, there is a forest somewhere near here," Lucas continued to change the subject pointing towards an unknown direction out of Irene's home.

A whole goddamn forest was here the whole time?!

Irene wonder just how big was the Grand Duke's residence.

"Alice can you ride a horse," Irene asked looking at the flustered Alice, "Ah yes I think so," she responded. This response just made Irene more nervous.

"Ralph, Alice is going to ride with you," Irene said, "W-what no need I can ride it!" Alice said trying to defend herself, Irene looked at the girl who tried to ride a horse without a saddle.

Ralph looked at Irene and sighed, "Let's hop on Lady Alice," Ralph said politely. Irene looked at him and scoff, so he can be polite.

The boys watched them, they felt like side characters to some type of story. (Who's going to tell them?😬)

In the end, Alice rode with Ralph as they head on towards the forest in the residence. Let's say it is one big forest.

Trees bearing them, tall and healthy with beautiful leaves, nice breeze it was sure peaceful.

"Wow, the Grand Duke's residence is quite wonderful, I am quite jealous-" Alice then stopped her sentence mid-way. Irene just ignored it and enjoyed her peaceful ride.

Undine, I wonder how you are doing?

Well, it's quite beautiful in the outside world!

You make it sound like I've been trapping you...

Undine rambled on in her mind, Irene sighed, she really thought Undine was one of the more calm ones.

The contract allowed the contractor and the spirit to speak to one another in their mind when the situation is urgent.

Irene talks with Undine in her mind a lot. Usually, when she is bashing the Grand Duke and his sons in her head, Undine is most likely listening and cheering on.

The trip ended quicker than Irene had hoped for.

They returned Irene's residence in 30 minutes and put the horses in the stable and continued to enter her home once again.

"Isn't it almost dinner time, so I think we should return to the Grand Duke's residence," Irene mentioned as she saw the time.

About 6 pm, luckily the author was modern time so Irene could read and write also speak here perfectly fine.

"Irene, I heard you are homeschooled," Trevor suddenly mentioned, "And?" Irene asked, "Are you sure you are being educated enough by a lowly maid," he spoke.

Ralph clenched his sword, Irene looked at this movement, Irene had it all written over her face. 'Was this man about to injure the Grand Duke that he adores' son?'

"Elle is very much educated, if you did not know, she is from a Viscount family," Irene spoke, "A fallen one," Robert suddenly spoke back.

"And? She is still as educated and proper as a noble lady, also isn't it a bit too late to worry about my education." Irene said quickly ending the conversation.

"Ha, worry?" Lucas said.

"Let's go to the Grand Duke's place," Alice tried her best to change the subject. "Yeah let's go," Irene gritted her teeth.

Urgh, these boys are the worst!!

Michelle Jorden has not had much information about her backstory, she was only known as the daughter and only sole living member of the fallen Viscount family.

Irene bit her bottom lip, she felt a bit guilty about letting these boys bash her only guardian throughout her life.

The 4 later arrived at the residence.

"Oh, Alice! How was your playdate with Irene?" the Count said excitedly as he hugged her daughter.

"It was enjoyable, Irene is a very mature girl!" Alice said complimenting Irene. The Count and Countess flinched, and it seemed like they were a bit angry.

"You should thank Grand Duke for that," the Count said out of nowhere, and the Countess nodded on.

Irene felt touched.

The Count was really the best!

~Author's Note~

I was so close to posting this tomorrow let's say your Author took a nap and woke up and wrote a chapter under 45 minutes. I should post long chapters...TT