51

Chapter 51 | A New Beginning

About 2 months had passed since you were declared not guilty. You spent most of your days studying. It was difficult to get back into studying, but for your goal, you knew that you had to do your best.

You were slowly getting back to the person you used to be before the kidnapping: cuddling with your mates and giving them little kisses here and there. You were still feeling a little guilty about the death of Hwang Chanseong, but you decided to put all that energy into studying in order to become a legislator for Hybrid law.

Even though it had been 2 months since you were out of prison, there seemed to be no end to all the celebrations. It seemed like every weekend there was another reason to celebrate. Today you were celebrating the guilty verdict of the ADTOY Company and the A&A Company. The companies were bankrupted and the people responsible were all put into prison. Not to mention, Seunghee's sisters were all released from the hospital after being found in the facility. They had trauma from being held against their will but they were slowly healing with the help of Seunghee and Hyojung. Sungjae was fully healed but was still creating a little bit of trouble for the police departments due to his hacking, but all his mates were as healthy as they could be.

After a long night out of celebration with your mates, family, and friends, you were completely exhausted. Most of your mates were passed out drunk which gave you and Jimin, the only other sober one, a really hard time putting all of them to bed. Namjoon was the last person you and Jimin were hauling into his room and by far he was the heaviest, not to mention, he kept grumbling under his breath and trying his very best to walk on his own which only made it all the more difficult.

When Namjoon was securely tucked away in his bed, you and Jimin locked eyes with a small smile. Both of you tip-toed out of the room without making a single sound in order not to wake Namjoon up. Jimin carefully closed the door behind him, and when the door did close with hardly any sound, that was when both of you sighed in relief that your work was done.

"Good night Jimin," you whispered as you headed to your room.

As soon as you were done getting ready for bed, there was a knock on your door. You opened the door to show Jimin in his pajama shorts.

"Jimin-" you began but quickly stopped when the Fox Hybrid's hands gently cupped your face.

"You don't know how much I missed you," he murmured quietly under his breath. "How useless I felt when I was in my rut when you needed me."

"Jimin none of that was your fault," you whispered back, almost too afraid to be loud.

"It is," Jimin responded with his head lowered and his ears pressed on his head. "You don't understand. When a Hybrid is in his rut, all he thinks about is his mate and the need to protect the potential mother of his pups. When we're are in that period, we still have the urge to protect the female mate even if we don't have sex." You listened carefully as he spoke. "When I learned that you were taken. I was broken. I wanted to get you back so badly. As scarily possessive and obsessive as that might sound, I didn't know how to live knowing that I wasn't there to pro-"

Unable to continue hearing him blame himself for something that you chose to do, you silenced him by placing your lips on his. He hesitated for a moment before his hands gripped your waist as his lips danced with yours. In the heat of the moment, he pushed into your room and closed the door behind him.

"If you don't stop me, I won't be able to stop," Jimin muttered as he pulled away for a moment.

"Don't stop," you breathed.

Jimin woke up early and smiled as he looked at your sleeping state. You looked so beautiful with the sunlight hitting your face, giving you a golden glow. He blushed at the memory of the passionate night before as he brushed back a lock of hair and tucked it behind your ear. He quickly and quietly got up out of the bed and put on his boxer and pants before leaving your room. He also closed the door quietly behind him, to give you some more rest that you deserved.

He made his way down to the kitchen to grab himself something to drink and eat. When he got to the kitchen, he saw the other members all sitting around the table and giving him very knowing grins causing his ears to flame up in embarrassment.

"How did you sleep last night?" Seokjin managed to ask as he smirked.

"Oh, he didn't sleep," Yoongi commented with a snort.

"He's so lucky," Taehyung pouted causing Namjoon and Hoseok to chuckle. "But it's good news for us isn't it?"

"How so?" Namjoon asked smiling in amusement.

"We don't need the suppressants anymore," Hoseok chimed in with a genuine smile.

"Aw man," Namjoon groaned causing all his mates to look at him in confusion. "I just bought a bunch of suppressants because Jungkook's rut is going to happen soon," he explained.

"I hate being a Bunny Hybrid," Jungkook groaned at the thought of having another rut. It felt like he was having a rut almost every single month. "Wait!" He exclaimed. Then he smiled mischievously. "That means I'm going to be the next-"

"Don't finish that sentence," Seokjin warned the youngest Hybrid, who looked at the eldest Hybrid with a sheepish smile. Jin shook his head with a smile as he turned to Namjoon. "It's always good to have extra suppressants just in case."

"I'm not going to use it!" Taehyung loudly proclaimed then yelped as Yoongi hit him upside the head.

"If Y/N doesn't want to have sex, then you will use it," Yoongi warned.

"Well, I know that obviously," Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Then their ears all perked up when they heard extra footsteps coming their way. The waft of strawberries easily revealed who it was.

You walked into the kitchen rubbing your eyes, causing a big grin to form on everyone's faces. "I don't like this," you muttered.

"I like your little mark," Hoseok teased eyeing a darkened hickey on your neck. Jimin stood very proud of himself as blood immediately went to your cheeks.

"Actually, I think I'm going to go back to sleep. It's too early for this shit," you said quickly before darting away from the kitchen to find refuge in your room from the embarrassment. 

"Let me join you," Yoongi called out after you.

"What! No! Hyung, I was supposed to next!" You could hear Jungkook's whine that was followed by the laughs of your mates.

☆