Thirty one

I watch from the door way as the blonde flits around the kitchen. He's making some type of sandwich, and usually I'd be amused by the strange fillings he's adding, but I just can't seem to laugh at deceiving and manipulative beta that my omega calls his best friend.

It's early, only around seven am, and the house is dead quiet. I haven't seen anyone since I left Harry sleeping peacefully in bed, exhausted after last night. I think everyone is scared to come out of their rooms because of last night.

I have no idea what that was...

But that's not the issue right now. It's the beta who just met my eyes from across the kitchen.

Once he saw me, he immediately tensed up. His movements stop and he watches carefully as I move further into the room to sit across from him at the island.

Niall is suspicious, he somehow managed to turn my own omega against me. My future mate hated me, because of what he told him. And I intend to find out why.

Because, you see, through the process of trying to find who took Harry, we came to the conclusion that we have a rat in the house. How else would they have known where we were both times we went down to the river?

And with the current events, I believe Niall is that rat.

I rest my elbows on the counter, placing my chin in my palms as I just stare, and trying to unnerve him seems successful as he avoids my eyes.

"Why did you tell Harry lies?"

His gaze snaps to me, eyes wide with only one thing I can make out, guilt.

I clench my jaw and sit upright when he doesn't answer.

"Tell me Niall, why did you tell Harry lies to make him go against me? Huh?" I snap, tilting my head to the side as I slowly rise to my feet.

Niall shakes his head, eyes wide. I watch him as he begins to shake.

"Why Niall? Tell me."

And in a matter of seconds, he drops to the floor.

My wolf howls inside me, before I rush around the island to find an unconscious Niall on the floor.

Did I just make him drop? He's a beta...

"What's going on?" My father rushes into the kitchen, Alpha Des not that far behind him.

They both round the island as well to find Niall on the floor. I smell Harry's scent get closer as he enters the kitchen as well with a frown and some serious bed hair.

"What happened? Why's your wolf going crazy, Lou? I can sense it all the way upstairs." Harry rubs my shoulder before pausing when he spots Niall.

I frown as I look over to the two men lifting Niall off the floor and carrying him out of the room.

"Niall's a beta." It comes more as a question as I turn to Harry for confirmation. He nods as he watches them leave the room. "Then how come I just made him drop..."

Harry's wide eyes meet mine. "He dropped? What did you do?"

"I was just questioning him, and I alpha commanded him." I said, rubbing my eyes with both palms, trying to push the anger away.

"You alpha commanded my dad and yours out of the room last night." Harry states, pushing my unbrushed hair away from my forehead. He looks to being contemplating something before he meets my gaze. "Come with me." He grabs my hand, before rushing us upstairs. I go willingly.

Once we reach our bedroom, he looks out into the hall before closing the door and locking it. He drags me over to the couch on the far side of the room, before heading into the closet. Moments later he exits with a large book in his hands.

Sitting beside me, he flips through it quickly to a book marked page. "I found this, but everyone been so focused on the ceremony it completely slipped my mind." He murmurs, handing me the book.

I rest it on my lap and begin scanning the pages.

It was said that the world would end at the hands of a wolf long ago. A wolf of royal blood, but also of witch. One that had never ending power.

While this prophecy has been long believed, it is untrue. Originally written in Latin, it can be translated in many different ways, and scholars believe the first translation of the tragic form, is simply false.

The wolf will not bring the end of the world, but harmony.

I look up at Harry's wide eyes. "This is the prophecy that's supposed to be about us?" I ask. He nods, biting his lower lip.

"Keep reading."

The prophecy: a royal wolf will conceive a young that will unknowingly carry witch blood. He will be the most powerful of the land once he reaches of age, forever known as the witch alpha.

"It's not the prophecy Zayn was talking about. They have it wrong." He grabs my hand, slender fingers pressing into my palm as I stare at the writing.

"I think your the witch alpha, Lou. And twenty one is when witches are able to use their abilities."

I swallow, unsure of what to feel. There's no way. I would surely know if this was true...

"You turn twenty one next week."