nct - "resonance"

don't mind my cheesy/bad references.
-

word count : 1,593

-

the abandoned construction lot had people laying on the ground. some of them were left on their knees while others stood, watching everything happen.

"gonna change your mind yet?" jeno playfully asked before kicking a guy into the ground. "we won't stop until you give in," he smirked.

"fuck you," one guy boldly spoke up, only to be picked up by the collar by jungwoo.

"what'd you say?" jungwoo questioned, wanting the guy to repeat what he said.

"fuck. you," the guy repeated.

jungwoo immediately punched the man and took a gun out, pointing it at the man.

yuta ended the phone call he was having, putting his phone in his pocket. "pack it up, we're leaving." as some of the guys started heading out, yuta walked over to the leader of the group and took a gun out. "mess with us again, and you won't be able to walk the next time i see you," he threatened before pulling the trigger, putting a bullet into the man's leg. the man screamed in pain while yuta walked away, heading back to the others that were waiting for him.

"ay yo, listen up," mark spoke, grabbing the attention of the guys with him, "yuta and them are coming back with the goods. let's make sure they're good before we make the trade."

"what is it this time? drugs?" jaemin asked.

"when is it not drugs?" ten asked as he opened his laptop. "we rarely deal with anything else besides cash," ten pointed out.

jaemin shrugged, "hey, you never know if it's gonna change," he replied.

kun walked into the room with jisung and chenle following behind him. they carried boxes with completed shipments from deals that had occurred earlier in the week.

"we getting rid of those too?" ten asked when he looked up from his computer.

"yea, doyoung and taeyong said we'll be getting some good stuff from these," kun answered. the trio put the boxes down by the closed garage door. "you guys need anything? i'm gonna grab dinner."

"i'll take food," mark raised his hand. jaemin nodded his head.

"buy food for all of us. i'll pay you back," jaemin spoke up.

"sure," kun nodded, "everyone better pay me back...chenle."

"hey, i didn't back you back, like once, maybe twice, kun ge," the latter replied and put his hands in his jacket pocket. "it wasn't even that much anyways..." chenle muttered.

"two times too many," kun said as he headed towards the entrance of the room. "i'll be back," he said as he left the room.

jisung sat on the table closest to him while chenle stood by mark. "did lucas and them come back yet?" jisung asked out of curiosity.

"yea, they got banged up a bit, but they're fine. they couldn't get any cash though, so taeil's probably gonna threaten those guys that have the casino near us," ten answered as he fixed the inventory of products that they had on his computer.

"did you fix the dates?" johnny asked while looking over some paperwork.

"yea, we did. from the 1990's. how we do it every time," xiaojun said and handed a bill to johnny. johnny took it and grabbed a small magnifying glass. he started checking the bill to make sure it looked perfect enough to use. "can we start making more? we only have a few grand right now," xiaojun asked, wanting to speed up the production of cash.