jungwoo - "kick it"

word count : 687

-

"you gotta watch their movements. make sure you don't let your guard down," your coach said to you, wiping sweat off of your forehead with a towel. "relax a bit, kid. don't let them attack you."

the bell rang and you stood up. you raised your arms up and immediately jabbed your opponent a few times and managed to block a few punches.

you two threw some more punches at each other before the other person's trainer called for them, ending the practice match between you two.

you two fist bumped each other. she smiled at you before both of you separated. you got out of the ring and leaned against the ring.

your coach helped take your gloves off, and you took your mouth guard out before drinking some water. you grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off of your face.

"ready for this weekend?" your coach asked you.

"i think so. just gotta stay sharp," you said to him. "we done for the day?" you asked him. he nodded. "see you tomorrow," you said before he walked off.

you sighed and drank some more water. you looked down at your hands, noticing a bit of inflammation and small bruises.

"nice moves," you heard someone speak. you looked over and saw one of the guys that frequented the gym.

"thanks. got a fight this weekend," you mentioned.

"looks like i'll know who to bet on then," the guy said with a smile. "jungwoo," he introduces himself.

"y/n," you introduced yourself. "you fight?" you asked him.

"once in a while. not really my scene though," he replied. "seen you fight a few times. you're pretty good."

you shrugged your shoulders, "eh, i'm alright." you picked up your gloves and your bottle of water, "see ya," you said to jungwoo.

"y/n," he called out for you. you turned around. "can i have your number?" he suddenly asked.

"my number?" you raised an eyebrow. you smirked, "come here saturday and watch my fight. if i'm still conscious, then you can get it," you said to him and started walking away, leaving the latter smiling as he started wrapping his hands in sports tape.

this is it. stay sharp, y/n.

"baby, we go wild," the music blasted in your ears as you kept mentally preparing yourself, "one-two—" one of your earbuds was pulled out by your coach.

"you ready kid?" he asked you.

you grinned, "let's do this," you said to him.

you threw some final punches before your opponent fell on the floor, completely beat. the match came to an end, and the crowd responded with cheers. the referee made you and your opponent stand next to him before he raised your hand, announcing your win.

since more matches were happening, you and your opponent were brought to the locker room to clean up.

"sorry for hitting your face," your opponent said to you as her boyfriend iced her forehead.

"sorry for hitting yours," you replied and placed your gloves next to you on the bench.

"hey, y/n," you heard your coach call for you, "somebody's waiting for ya," he said to you.

"huh?" you stood up, putting your towel around your neck and headed out of the locker room. in the hallway, you found a familiar face leaning against the wall in front of you. "how'd i do?" you asked jungwoo.

he uncrossed his arms and smiled, "pretty damn good," he replied. "so, can i finally get what i want?" he asked you.

"what?" you questioned.

"you don't remember? did that girl punch you too hard?" he asked. "you said you would give me your number," he said and then you remembered.

"you really want my number, huh?" you asked and held your hand out. he took his phone out and placed it in your hand. you typed your number into his phone before giving jungwoo his phone back. "all done," you said. "now, if you don't mind me. i'm gonna grab my things," you mentioned. then, you reached up and kissed his cheek, "text me later."

"yea, i will," jungwoo smiled.