jaemin - "life is still going on"

word count : 488

-

"babe, it's raining outside," you spoke as you looked outside one of the windows of your apartment.

"we can still go out. it's not too bad," jaemin replied. you felt him hug you from behind, "come on, let's go," he said and kissed your cheek before letting you go.

both of you got ready to leave and soon headed out of your shared home.

"oh, yea, this isn't bad at all," you said as you two walked down the block. jaemin still held an umbrella for the two of you in case the rain got worst. "coffee?" you asked him as you two crossed the street.

he nodded, "definitely."

you two walked for a few more blocks before reaching your favorite coffee place. you two went inside and ordered your usual drinks before leaving the store.

"did you want to go anywhere particular?" jaemin asked you.

"to your heart?" you asked and looked at him for his reaction.

jaemin chuckled and kissed your cheek, "you're already there, silly."

you two walked into a few stores that you had passed by. the rain started to get a bit heavier, but it still wasn't too bad.

"hey, look at this," jaemin spoke, "it's like a music box but in the shape of a piano," he said and started moving the small crank. music played from the small device.

"it's so cute," you said to him and jaemin stopped moving the crank. "oh, i found a new record," you said and looked at the display in front of you. you picked up a vinyl and showed it to him. "shall we get it? we haven't gotten a new one in awhile," you asked him.

"if you want. i thought you really wanted this one?" he questioned and picked up a vinyl that was from a well known artist.

"mm...i only wanted it because you wanted it," you said to him.

jaemin chuckled, "you don't have to like the same music as me." you flipped the vinyl over to look at the back, "let's get this one and maybe another. we can go listen to it when we get home," he said and you nodded.

the two of you looked around the store and ended up purchasing four vinyls in total. as you two exited the store, you noticed that it was still raining and opened the umbrella again.

"here, you hold these. i'll hold the umbrella," jaemin said and traded items with you. you held the vinyls that were in a bag while jaemin held the umbrella. he put his arm over your shoulders and brought you closer to him.

"want to go home?" you asked him.

"did you want to go out to eat for dinner?" he asked.

"not really. i could cook dinner for us," you replied, "we could listen to these as well," you added, lifting the bag in your hand.

he smiled, "okay, let's go home."