42 | Piece by piece

'Where even am i?!'

'Where even am i?!'

You took deep and slow breaths, trying to calm yourself. Your body was aching and it's only a matter of time until one of your bones break. The curse was tightening the branches around your body though as much as you wanted to focus on yourself, you needed to escape first.

'These curses want something from Satoru.. Oh god i hope he has his end of the situation under control. I'm trusting him and the kids!'

Many questions ran through your head but you were only focused on one. What does he want from your family? Is it Itadori, Sukuna's vessel, he's after? Or is Mahito after Satoru? The man who holds the scale balancing both sorcerers and curses.

You remembered- Hanami said it was necessary to keep the two of you away from eachother. If Mahito's plan is to corner Gojo, then it's understandable why he'd want to do that. But you..?

'I have no ties to my clan. I'm useless in a time like this! My only worth is my name but..'

You stop, interrupting your own train of thoughts.

'The curse..'

You tried to look for any opening in the multiple branches covering your vision. You find a decent sized crack. You lean in, squinting.

Your eyes widen, heart now starting to race.

'..It's taking me back to Kyoto!'

The place where the Kamo clan resides. You doubt there would be anyone who recognizes you though still.. You can't help but be terrified. Your father was a disgrace- a man who inherited the Kamo clans technique only to run away and elope with your mother.

The perfect son taking the wrong path with the woman he fell in love with. Why did he even bother leaving you his name? Does he want you to reclaim your position as current heiress and end the cruelty in the clan?

'He's still alive. Kamo Kenjaku. The current leader.' you grit your teeth, 'But i've been silent for so long..What makes papa think i'd even want to take over..?'

Enough about the family you never got to know. You needed to think about how to get out and go back to Tokyo without eating up much time. It's already clear for you that Mahito wants something and in order to achieve that he needs to seperate you and Gojo- you just needed to know why and what is he after.

Hanami, who seems to be gliding his way through the forest seperating the two lands using the environment around him, glances at his arm. The branch you were wrapped in came from his hand.

He sees that your legs had stopped struggling and that meant you were either knocked out or gave up. Hanami looks ahead,

'I am placing my trust on you, Mahito.' the curse thought, raising his hand as his eyes focused on a house in the distance, 'Make this world free of cruel humans.'