Nothing Personal (Part 1)

3rd Person POV

"I don't know. But something will turn up. We just have to stay positive," Jemma was saying as she tried to reassure Fitz. The team had arrived back only to realize they couldn't find anyone - that Skye and Ward and May had all left and there was no sign of Agent Koenig.

"For Coulson, yeah. I know. He's had a rough go of it," Fitz replied.

"Yeah. Between Garrett and May and seeing Audrey and...pancakes," she suddenly said.

She stopped walking with the last word, Fitz did as well and stared at her.

"Coulson's upset about pancakes now?"

"That's one way to cheer everyone up a bit, don't you think? I'll see if we have any in stock," she rushed off while Fitz walked off in the opposite direction.

As Fitz rounded a corner and went down another hallway he passed by one of the windows enjoying the mountain in the daytime scene it showed. He passed by an open door, stopped and turned to look back in there. The window in there was showing a night time scene.

"Night? Day?" Fitz wondered allowed as he walked into the room and suddenly spotted a trail of glowing gold light that led to a nail file that was sticking out of the window.

At the same time as Jemma and Fitz had walked off, Coulson's was staring out lost in thought as Trip approached him.

"Sir, you're an expert on analysis. I can see you running scenarios in your head, so what do you got?" He asked.

"Best case, Agent Koenig knows something we don't. He took a team, kept us in the dark for our safety.

"Worst case scenario?" Trip asked raising his brows.

"We've had a wolf in the herd the whole time," Coulson replied with a frown at the same time as Fitz revealed Skye's message burned into the wall and Jemma's scream permeated the halls as she stumbled across Eric Koenig's body.

*****

Skye's POV

I stood in the lab on the Bus typing on my computer as I watched out of the corner of my eye as Ward used black spray paint to cover up the Shield logo on one of the SUV's.

He looked over at me with a smile and I forced myself to return it with one of my own. I was still fighting the urge to be sick. I can't believe I hadn't realized sooner that Ward and Garret were Hydra! And then of course I kept beating myself up over the fact that when I finally had I had gotten so swept up with helping the avengers that I hadn't checked to see if the team had gotten my message and by the time I had returned to Shield it had been too late and I hadn't remembered...

Once Ward turned away I unplugged the hard drive from my laptop and started rummaging around the cabinets.

"Fitz keeps the candy under his bunk," I heard Ward say from behind me. "What are you up to?" I put on another fake smile.

"I'm just looking for the sat-phone to call the team, make sure everyone's all right, no one's blown up," I told him.

"I've got the phone. I just talked to Coulson a little while ago," he said.

"You did?" I sincerely doubted that.

"Yeah, sorry. Should have told you. They're okay but the sooner we get to the location to decrypt that drive –" he started to say.

"The sooner we can rendezvous with the team," I finished. This was all about the stupid drive. I was guessing Ward and Garret wanted what was on it.

"Exactly," Ward said, smiling at me. Now that I knew the truth I could see right past all of his actions. It all seemed so fake now. Ugh I had been so stupid!