Chapter 9: A Talk About Myths

Augustusmens 21, 1614 Central Calendar, 09:00

Leiden, Holy Milishial Empire

Robin and her mother, Candee, stayed at Roguerider Family's residence after the dinner party at Roderick's request. The mother and daughter planned to go back to the hotel in the morning, but they insisted to have breakfast together. Meteos noticed that Robin's usually unkempt ponytail is now much tidier and cleaner than before. His teacher is so busy she never had the time to groom her hair, so maybe it was her mother who helped Robin with that. From Meteos' point of view, a cleaner Robin is much better-looking.

After finishing the breakfast, Meteos showed Robin his house's library. It is located on the second floor, with a large glass window that provided a nice view of the backyard.

"Ooh, you have a full collection of the World Book Encyclopedia?" Robin remarked as she laid her eyes on a row of books arranged near the corner of the library.

"Yes, it's the latest edition."

"Impressive." She hummed.

The 'World Book' is a series of encyclopedias published in the Holy Milishial Empire that covers summaries of knowledge from all areas in the known world. Those are very expensive and people from other nations, despite wanting them, will balk upon seeing the insane price tag and be discouraged from buying it. Still, some people are willing to spend their money to buy books in pursuit of knowledge, such as a certain son of a certain eastern superpower's trading company. Other books in the house's collection are the 'Fighting Ships Yearbook' published by Jeanne's Information Group and the latest edition of a very rare book containing all known information about the Ancient Sorcerous Empire, written by Andreas Birkburn. By the way, the latter is both Meteos and Robin's favorite book. Her eyes lit up at the sight of its light blue cover.

"You even have this!? I am impressed. The only copies I know are in the RMA and Ancient Ministry's library."

"Well... yeah... I got it as a birthday gift from my father..." Meteos recalled.

"Really? Mr. Roderick indeed looks like a reliable father. Good for you, Meteos." Robin remarked with a longing gaze.

He knew that what he asked his father at the time was very absurd. But Roderick, being the doting father he is, somehow managed to acquire a copy and then gave it to Meteos. His respect for Roderick doubled at that time.

'Crap. Miss Robin's father died when she was very young.' He cursed himself for being so insensitive.

"Um... right. Miss Robin... are you okay?"

"Hm? Ah, don't worry about me." Robin waved off Meteos' concern as she picked the book from the shelf and sat down on the chair. However, Meteos was unconvinced.

"Look, I'm sorry if it bothered you, but please just talk to me."

Robin went silent for a moment before letting out a small sigh and begins to talk.

"Meteos, do you think my father will be happy with my decision to follow his steps?"

"To be honest, I don't know anything about your father... but I think every father will be proud seeing their children pursuing their dreams and succeeding in it."

Robin's eyes widened for a fraction before she broke into a wide smile.

"Aww, I'm touched, kid. Thanks a lot," she said with a playful tone while putting one hand on her chest.

Seeing the sight of his teacher being her usual cheerful self relieved Meteos.

"You want to know my favorite entry in this book, Meteos?" Robin offered.