Chapter 3: When the Flower Takes Root Again

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Welcome again to another chapter of A Snowdrop Blooms Twice, the first thing I want to say is I found out that Jisoo was supposed to sing Friend, which is one of the main soundtracks for the drama but it was sung by Kim Hee Won instead. However she declined because she wanted the viewers to focus on her character in the drama, which I completely respect. HOWEVER! The fact that I wrote that Yeong Ro wrote Friend for Soo Ho is so coincidental with the fact that Jisoo was supposed to sing it that I felt so giddy when I CALLED IT. I have never been so satisfied with an unintentional writing coincidence. Anyway, I'm still not satisfied with the couple's ending so let's get on with it shall we?

The snowdrop found itself uprooted from the once fertile and soil that it once called its home. The flower found that soil no longer wanted it and there were too many other flowers that were strangling the roots of the snowdrop until the flower withered away. Will that flower find the chance to put its roots down again? How can the flower do that by itself? Perhaps all it needs is a little helping hand.

Yeong Ro looked nervously between the three of them as it took them a minute to process her question.

"You want us to sit down with you?" Hye Ryeong asked incredulously and Yeong Ro noticed that Seol Hui and Jeong Min switched their glances between her and Yeong Ro as if they were hopeful for the chance to sit down and talk with her.

"Yeah, if you were just waiting for Antonio and Gwang-Tae shi, then of course you can sit down and wait for them, I don't mind," Yeong Ro gestured to the seats on the other side since she refused to move from the seat that Soo Ho sat in. Hye Ryeong raised an eyebrow at the girl and Yeong Ro bit her lip nervously, glancing between the fiery girl's eyes and the seats across from her. Truth be told, Yeong Ro missed the girls a lot and even though she couldn't blame them for feeling betrayed, she also felt a bit bitter since that one lie was all it took to negate their friendship.

In Hye Ryeong's eyes, she considered it because Yeong Ro looked so helpless and tired of everything in that moment that it was hard not to feel bad for the girl. Hye Ryeong looked to Jeong Min even though the two never saw eye to eye on much, but she trusted her judgement. Jeong Min sighed and nodded in confirmation and Hye Ryeong looked back to Yeong Ro.

"Fine, we'll sit with you while we wait," Hye Ryeong started to say but Jeong Min cut her off.

"But we want to hear an explanation from you, about all of this and why you lied ok?" Jeong Min proposed and Yeong Ro sighed as she nodded and motioned for them to sit so she could begin to explain. The three girls sat across from Yeong Ro and she looked left at the window to find Bun Ok giving her a thumbs up and she couldn't help but deadpan at that.

"So... where should I start? I suppose I lied because I wanted... I wanted to live like an ordinary person who didn't have the pressure of power on their shoulders since my father already has a bad reputation," Yeong Ro started off and the girls listened intently to her explanation, "if you guys knew I was the ANSP director's daughter, I believe the blame would also fall to me since I would be in the position to help those who were taken by the ANSP, but I'm really not. I don't have the authority to convince my father to stop even if I wanted to. I already feel bad enough for not being able to help, but I just felt like the extra pressure would have been too much for me. I was right in thinking that everyone would see me as a murderer's daughter... and..." Yeong Ro thought that day where Soo Ho comforted her after finding out what had happened. It made her just miss his hugs even more, his warm body felt like the only anchor she could grab onto to prevent herself from drowning, "Soo Ho-shi was the only one who understood the burden I carried... he didn't have to say anything or do anything but he just knew and I was so thankful for that."

Yeong Ro looked down to her lap and she felt the tears flooding her vision once again and falling down her cheeks. The girls saw this and they just felt bad for her since they never knew just how much Soo Ho meant to her.