𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Never in the last few months did Minju think she'd be standing in front of a coffee shop about to meet her ex-boyfriend. And usually she wouldn't, but since Yangyang messaged and asked her to, she agreed. Plus, it would help with her deal with Jaemin.

She glanced up at the name of the place, checking if she had the right place. When she had her confirmation, she took a brief moment to calm herself. This would be the first time in nearly three months that she would be interacting with the boy, aside from the occasional awkward eye contact now and even then she'd always immediately look away. 

According to his last message, he was already inside waiting for her. She was well aware that she was fifteen minutes late, but, as petty as it may sound, he deserved it. She then opened the door to the shop and the sound of the bell rang throughout the room. A waiter noticed her presence and she quickly told him that she was just meeting someone there. As he went back to his work, she scanned the area. She looked for the familiar mop of gray hair. She spotted him near one of the windows a few tables down.

Her nervousness increased as she made her way over to him. Since his back was facing her, she took a moment to take a deep breath before tapping on his shoulder. Yangyang flinched at the sudden contact and he turned to see Minju giving him a small smile. He greeted her before offering her a seat across from him which she gladly took.

"Uh... how are you?" He sheepishly asked as he rubbed his hands together. Minju looked straight at him, but he refused to meet her gaze. 

"You asked me here to make small talk?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing unintentionally. 

Yangyang sighed before running his fingers through his thick hair. He finally met her eyes, feeling discomforted seeing the frown on her face. "No, I... I think it's time I finally tell you the truth."

After hearing his words, Minju's face contorted into one of confusion. "The truth? You said you don't feel anything for me anymore. So, what more can there be to say?"

"You didn't actually believe that, did you?" When Minju kept quiet, the boy sighed. "Minju, I didn't just stop liking you. If it was as simple as that, I wouldn't have broken up with you the way I did."

"Well, could you explain then, because I really need to know why you did it." She sounded almost desperate but at that point, she was. She hoped that Yangyang will be able to confirm that she wasn't the problem. So, she anxiously waited for him to explain.

"My parents... let's just say that they were never fond of the idea of me dating a foreign girl. In their minds I was to marry a Taiwanese girl of their choice and carry on our family legacy. But I went against their orders and asked you out anyway." Yangyang paused for a second, an airy laugh escaping his lips. "You were just so beautiful and once I finally found the courage to talk to you, I soon figured out that you were just as kind as you were beautiful."

Minju couldn't help but blush at his words. He still managed to make her flustered and although she hated it, she appreciated his honesty. "You really went against your family to ask me out?"

"Of course. It's rare that a pretty girl shows interest in me." Yangyang winked at her and she rolled her eyes. "Eventually I had to go back to Taiwan, and trust me, it did not go well. I told them about you and they were livid. Apparently my happiness didn't mean anything to them."

"They told me that if I ever wanted to come back home, I'd break up with you. They already had this girl they wanted me to date instead." Minju couldn't believe what she was hearing. How was it even possible for anyone to be this cruel to their son, especially when he's only 17. "Yeah, so that's why I came back earlier and didn't tell you. I was planning on doing it much earlier, but when I saw you that morning... I just couldn't do it, because it would break your heart and shatter mine."

She was speechless. In none of the scenarios she came up with did she expect the truth to be this harsh. "I'm sorry they did that to you, Yangyang. You don't deserve that."

"You're the one who deserved better. I should've just told you, instead of lying. But I hope you know that I didn't mean it when I said that I don't love you anymore. I always loved you, Minju." The girl smiled at him and it greatly comforted him. 

"I appreciate that." She replied, smile never fading. "I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries now, but are you dating the girl now?"

"Oh, hell, no. Our parents think we are, but neither of us want to do it. So, I guess, I won in that category." Both of them laughed and it brought a sort of nostalgia to the time they were together.

They continued talking about everything and anything since it's been quite a while since they've been able to talk, even just as friends. Minju was sad to hear that Yangyang was actually leaving for Taiwan again, except this time he won't be coming back. So, they spent the next two hours together, making the most of their limited time together.

"That was fun." Minju commented as Yangyang walked her out of the shop. 

He nodded his head as he held the door open for her. "Definitely. Just a pity we won't be able to do that soon again." 

Minju sighed in disappointment, her heart feeling heavy at the thought. "You should come visit, Yang. Or I'd even come visit you. Just don't be a stranger." 

"I'll keep you updated on life. Don't worry." Minju smiled at him, satisfied with his response. Yangyang looked at his watch, realising it's time to officially say goodbye. "Thank you for meeting with me. It would've bothered me if I didn't tell you the truth. Friends, right?" He held his hand out for her to shake.

Minju chuckled at the action before taking his hand and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Friends." She said as he hugged her back. They pulled away after that, Minju wishing him luck before exchanging their final goodbyes. She stayed in the same spot, watching as Yangyang walked down the street.

Just as he disappeared from her sight, the girl felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she came face to face with Jeno, smiling down at her. "Oh, hi." 

"Hey... Were you with that Yangyang guy?" Jeno asked, eyes flickering in the direction Yangyang walked in.

"Yeah, he wanted to meet up before leaving." She explained, feeling quite awkward talking to the boy. 

Jeno hummed absentmindedly as his eyes seem to roam the area. He looked like he was thinking which made Minju feel even more anxious. "So, you guys aren't like back together or anything, right?"

Minju was completely caught off guard. That definitely came out of nowhere, but she answered nevertheless. "No, we're not. I'm kind of on dating ban right now." She felt embarrassed admitting that outloud and slightly cringed.

Jeno only laughed at her awkwardness, shaking his head in the process. "I'm guessing Jaemin has something to do with that?" 

"All his idea." Minju confessed and the two laughed, clearly amused by the statement.

"Actually..." Jeno started, immediately gaining Minju's attention again. "Can I take you somewhere?" 

 "Can I take you somewhere?"