Chapter 17 Homeless

This evening was peaceful, remains of ogre tribe deserved at least that for now. Most sat around the campfires that were set up around the camp, they wanted to cheer each other up. Talking about their future and how they should be happy that their are alive. Most of them are young, just became adults, few are older, even some children. But what shocked most was presence of 4 elderly ogres, the one who lead them was one of the Chief's advisors. Some ogres didn't liked that as this placed shame on Guard Captain's words about the old ogres staying behind to fight. But in the end they gave up, knowing how highly this old ogre was thinking of himself. 

 Shiva and Ogre Girl were sitting near one of those campfires, talking with some ogres. Shiva smiled while looking around, quite glad that many of previously ogres are now in great condition thanks to his Healing Blood. As he looked around, he noticed a necklace on one of the ogre's neck. 

 He then remembered about question that lingered in his mind. He saw drawings, medallions, sculptures and even shrines with dragon in them. He turned to Ogre Girl.

"Hey, I have a question...What god do you believe in?"

"What god?"

 Ogre Girl was both confused and surprised by a sudden question but began to seek for a fulfilling answer. She tapped her chin before nodding.

"Well, we believe in Great Veldora. A might dragon that brought peace to the Jura Forest."

 "He brought peace to the forest? What do you mean by this?"

"His magicules could be felt in whole forest, no tribes fought each other or any other alien force wasn't able to step into the forest. It was all from fear but the dryads that served him helped us many times."

"Oh...I see. That is why your tribe worships him."

 Ogre Girl nodded few times but then after few seconds frowned.

"I mean...worship is a strong word. We acknowledge him as our god but you don't have to pray to him or anything. Like Young Master, he doesn't believe in this crap, for him Great Veldora is only a dragon."

 Shiva nods, smiling slight as the face she made was quite a funny one.

"And do you believe in this... 'crap'?" 

"I...don't really know. I agree to some things but to name Great Veldora a god is...quite much. From what I heard from other ogres, real god could defeat him quite easily." 

 Shiva nods once again and as they finish their talk, a young ogre comes running through the camp.

"Young Master is back from the talks with Lizardmen! Young Master is back!"

 Shiva and Ogre Girl look at each other before both run towards the Young Master. They stop at the camp border where many other ogres follow them, standing behind them wanting to know what Young Master was able to acquire. 

 They saw Young Master together with the Guard Captain's Son, enter the camp. Both had sacks as big as their torso, they were placed on their back. And Young Master was also carrying bundle of about 20 spears. Everyone grew confused but still hopeful. 

 Young Master took of his baggage and sighed.

"I have two things to say. One good...and one bad."

 He could see worry settle in his people's eyes as they heard that there is even one bad message.  

 "First the good one. We were given two sacks full of food that will allow us to survive for another few days. We also got bundle of 25 spears which will allows us to better defeat each other and hunt."