Volume 1 - Chapter 5

My line of sight then drifted off to a guy that looks like a delinquent, I mean.. this guy literally just screams trouble!

He has bright red hair and a pretty muscular body, making it look like he is an athletic person.

*Sigh* I have no choice but to ignore it for now. I don't have to waste my time on him for now... Not yet..

"Ne..., Kiyo, I wonder what would've happened if we didn't figure out about the S-System?" Kaori asks as she puts a pastry in her basket. Although I found that impossible due to our observant classmates, it was a good 'What if' situation.

"Well-- Our classmates are pretty observant. So even if we didn't figure it out on the first day, we'll eventually figure it out either on the second or third. Although I do wonder what would happen if we were in Class D?" I voiced out my thoughts as I put a Cup noodle in my Basket. Although I would like to cook a homemade meal-- I would suck at it, and since Kaori isn't going to cook for today, I decided on a cup noodle.

"Fufu~ We would probably hold back a ton or something. Since our original goal was [Peaceful Life] before we decided to change it to [Cause Chaos in the whole level]." I stopped as I can't help but agree with her.

If we had manipulated our scores like what we intended to do and land on Class D. That is what would've happened.

"Hey, shut it! Just wait a sec! I'm looking for it right now!" Hm? What was that?

Oh--- As it turns out, it was red-haired-kun. Unfortunately, me and Kaori were currently on the same line as him. So we had to wait as well...

"Come on, hurry up. You have a line of people waiting on you!"

"Oh, yeah? Well, if they have any complaints, they can take it up with me!" Looks like it's time for me to shine.

Fortunately, Kaori was willing to pay for my basket so I had no worries as I walked into their group and entered the commotion.

"What's going on here..?" I asked. Red-haired-kun just looks at me angrily as if he is very pissed. Ah, so he is a hot-headed person as well...

"Who are you?" Red-haired-kun asked me.

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. And I'm not here to fight. I just want to know what is going on here..?"

"Oh..." He calmed down. That's good, I don't want to be involved in a fight this early after all. But even if it did happen, I am pretty sure this can turn in our favor.

"I forgot my school ID, forgot that it pretty much acts up as our money now." So not only he's hot-headed, but he's also forgetful? That is one hell of a terrible combination.

"Oh... I'll just pay for you... I feel like I'd be pretty annoying to just go back and forth just for student ID." I said. I can feel Kaori's worried stare behind me. So I made eye contact with her for a second to assure her.

"You're right... Thanks." He said as I paid for his Noodles.

"My name's Sudou," he said.

"Thanks for helping me out. I owe you." Nice. Looks like I already got his trust.

"Nice to meet you.., Sudou... And it's nothing. Really." I replied. I then heard footsteps behind me, I thought it was Kaori but it was Actually Horikita.

"You're acting like a pushover right from the start. Do you intend to become his servant? Or are you doing this to make friends?" she asked. Okay... I am not going to lie, this girl is starting to annoy me.

"I don't care about friends. I just wanted to help. No big deal at all." I said. This sentence was a bluff. While it is true I wanted to make friends with him, I don't really want to help him. He's... Asking for too much trouble.

"You don't seem to be afraid."

"Afraid? Why? Because he looks like a delinquent?" I asked.

"A normal person would try to keep someone like him at a distance."

"I guess, but he doesn't seem like a bad person to me. And you don't appear to be scared either, Horikita."

"It's mostly defenseless people who stay away from those types. If he acted violently, I could rebuff him. That's why I don't withdraw." .... I'm not going to comment on her sentences anymore.

"Are you really going to eat here?" I asked him.

"Of course. It's just common sense." Sudou replied back to me.

"I'm going back. I'll be stripped of my dignity if I spend more time here," she said.

"What do you mean, 'dignity'? We're just high school students. We're ordinary. Or, what, are you 

the high-born daughter of some noble family or something?" Horikita didn't flinch at Sudou's harsh tone. Looking irritated, Sudou set his noodle cup on the ground and stood.

"Huh? Hey, listen to people when they're talking to you! Hey!" he said.

"What's his problem? He just suddenly got angry."

"Hey, get over here! I'll smack that smug look off your face!" he yelled.

"Look, I'll admit that Horikita has a bad attitude, but you're taking this too far." Wow, I'm amazed, this guy has a very short fuse, not going to lie.

"Huh? What was that? She has a bratty, obnoxious attitude. That's bad, especially for a girl!"

"For a girl? That's rather outdated thinking." Horikita said. With that, she turned around her back on Sudou.

"Hey, wait! You shitty girl!"

--