Volume 1 - Chapter 7

"I'm the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu," he said. Looks like I was correct once again! Congrats myself~!

.

.

.

I must really be going crazy.

Anyways... Horikita-senpai continued his speech despite the awkward silence in the gymnasium.

"The student council is looking to recruit potential candidates among the first-year students to replace the graduating third years. Although no special qualifications are required for candidacy, we humbly ask that those considering applications not be involved in other club activities. We generally do not accept students involved elsewhere."

"Furthermore, we in the student council do not wish to appoint anyone who possesses a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, but he or she would also sully the sanctity of this school. It is the student council's right and duty to enforce and amend the rules, but the school expects more than that. We gladly welcome those of you who understand this."

He didn't pause even once during his eloquent speech. Immediately after finishing, he hopped off the stage and left the gymnasium. None of the first-year students could utter a single word as we watched him go. We didn't know what would've happened if we'd tried to talk. Everyone in the room shared the same thought, apparently.

"Thank you all for coming. The club fair has ended. We will now open the reception area to anyone interested in signing up. Also, registration will be open until the end of April, so if any student wishes to join at a later date, we ask that you please bring the application form directly to the club you wish to join." Thanks to the laid-back organizer, the tension in the air dissipated. Afterward, the third-year students who'd introduced their respective clubs started taking applications.

"Kiyo--" I hear Kaori talk, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Yo, Ayanokouji. You came, huh?" Sudou, the person who I befriended yesterday, said. I noticed two people behind his back. Must be his friends.

"Hello to you too, Sudou. And who are those two?"

"Ah, they're Ike and Yamauchi, they're my classmates," Sudou replied. The two just waved at me, but somehow, despite their innocent appearance, I can't help but stay on guard, I wonder why..?

"I'm Ayanokouji, nice to meet you two!" I said as I smile a bit. Sudou then turned to Kaori as he just noticed her presence.

"Who's she?" Sudou asked.

"I'm one of Kiyo's friends! My name's Hironaka Kaori! Nice to meet you guys!" Kaori said enthusiastically. Ike just looks at her with stars in his eyes as he looks at Sudou angrily.

"Sudou! Why the hell did you not tell me that you have a friend that is a girl!" Ike yelled at Sudou. Sudou just sighs and scratches his head.

"I just met her." Ike just looks at Sudou and 'Oh's at him.

"Anyways, that's not what we are here for, Ayanokouji.., And also, Hironaka, can I have your IDs? It's better if we can communicate after all."

"Oh.., Sure.," Kaori said and I just nodded. I just whispered our numbers to Sudou's ears, mainly because I don't want Ike and Yamauchi to hear it. My senses are saying they are bad.

"Alright then, but why can't you just show it to us?" Sudou asked. Yamauchi and Ike both agreed with him. Causing a vein to pop on my head for reasons I don't know.

"I don't feel safe sharing Kaori's number with them."

"Ah, I get it, they are perverts after all." Ah, so that's why.., Good thing I did not show them our IDs.

"Anyways, we got to go. See you around, Ayanokouji." Sudou said as he walked off with Ike and Yamauchi. Leaving me and Kaori to our own

"So... What were you going to say earlier...? Kaori..?" I asked the girl beside me, making sure I did not forget that she was about to ask something earlier.

"Ah yes! Thank you for reminding me! So., Kiyo, are you interested in any of the clubs?" Kaori asks me. Hmm.., Now that I think about it... Would Kaori even choose a club to join?

"No, not really, what about you? Are you interested in anything in particular?"

"Nope. They don't look fun at all." Kaori then just sighs and holds my hand, as she guides me back to the classroom.

"Darn it, waste of time. Let's go back, Kiyo."

--