Chapter 39 [Where is he?!]

Psalm 118:5-6

"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Maleek

There's a loud row coming from downstairs. The gym has only been open for a few hours, a fight cant be breaking out yet. I sigh at the fear of more bad publicity.

"Who is that?" I ask aaliyah, looking at her through my glasses. Her shoulder jumps up and down once and she ignores it while getting back to work. Then the row picks up and i can hear april getting involved.

"Oh for crying out loud! Can you go check that out, baby?" I ask Aaliyah and she gives me a loving smile as she gets up and goes downstairs.

"Aaliyah please! Just give me one more chance." All my senses kick in when i hear a man's voice, barely a man. I rush up from my seat and stop by my the staircase when i see this blonde man child practically on his knees in front of Aaliyah, he has his hands in front of him, begging her to do or say something i dont know.. I try move closer so i can get a better view but so i can still be hidden from the two.

"Lawerence what are you doing here?!" She exclaims at him.what kind of name is Lawerence, sounds like a uptight-

"Aaliyah please, take it back. I know i made your job a living hell.."

"Yeah you did."

"And i mocked you to your workers.."

"Yes."

"And i stole your lunches from your office every Tuesday when i know you had lasagna and snacks.."

"Yeah- wait you did what?"

"but thats no reason to take this out on me?!" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms at him, he looked so desperate, who is this guy and what does he want with my girl?

"You need to go." She said while trying to push him outside the door. Tell him babe!

"Aaliyah please! I thought you were a Christian now, come on help me out."

"Why do you even want my help Lawrence? You have been so envoius of the fact i was CEO for the longest time and now you have the position! why do you want me to take it back from you?" Taking her old job back? That is not going to happen if i am involved, me and Aaliyah would be way to busy to even see each other. We would have no time for a relationship, i shake this thought out of my mind and listen further to the conversation.

"Its your father. Im sorry but he is horrible. He is so controlling , He never lets me have breaks, he is constantly calling me to get to work. Yesterday i had was at a club with a few of my friends, they posted a picture of us online and somehow it got back to the boss man and he punished me by making me do an extra-"

"-Week of shifts minus pay, i know. He did the same to me." She interrupted.

"I dont know how you did it, but i cant do it anymore! So please, just take your old job back so i can breath again in peace." She looked like she was thinking of it, was she really thinking of leaving right now?

"You really need to go."

"Aaliyah..."

"I heard you okay? Ive heard you, please go." He looks at her with disappointment in his eyes and a smile twitches in the corner of my mouth, He walks out of the building leaving me to rush back to the office.

"Anyone special?" I ask nonchalantly,

"Huh? Um... nope, nobody special at all.. lets get back to work." She has a blinding and mysterious smile on her face but i dont have any time to worry about it.. so i get back to work.

*

"So you and Aaliyah look like your getting really close huh?" Pastor troy said while taking a seat across from me in the church office. I knew he was going to start this whole thing, I know he advised that i shouldn't be with her and Aaliyah should have her season of loneliness with God but she said she is ready and me and her are clearly getting closer, i can see its all working out for the best, that may be what God wanted all along.

"I already know what your going to say and its alright, Its all working out, pastor." His face twists into an expression telling me he is hoping i am right.

"Maleek, I just want you to know that its important to continue to practice obedience and patience, Especially with all that is going on with your family... are you sure its the right time?" I was hoping he would say something like well done, im happy for you both.. but this is a bit of a downer.

"Im alright, we are alright Pastor." I nod, assuring him. He scanned my emotions for a bit then returned the nod and saw something on his phone, his expression changed to a worried look and i could only imagine what he would say next,

"If you say you are happy, so be it. Now, i have arranged something and im not exactly sure how you are going to feel about it, just know that i have good intentions and im thinking we can make some pathway here."

"Oh my- i cant stand any more drama right now, is this surprise gonna make me happy or mad?" I ask him, throwing my head back.

"No, its going to be worth it... AH, Mrs Davis, how are you doing this fine evening?"

What? He points to the door and i see my mother walking in with Ace holding her hand, she looks like a stranger in this church, she hasnt been here for so long and her expression shows it, so it only makes me wonder what major problem is going on right now.

"Thank you, maleek." I tipped my head in her direction.

"So? This is obviously an intervention so whats going on?" both Pastor troy and mom looked at each other and then gave me the biggest pitiful eyes possible, im thinking that since ace is here it cant be too bad.

"Maleek, we cant keep ignoring this. ." Mom says, her voice is more calm.

"Where is he?" I ask, my voice quakes a little but i dont care, i am looking all around me to see where he is, mom never leaves the house without him, where the heck is he!

"Son, your mother has been trying to tell you the reality of this situation for a long time now and you have struggled to accept it."

"Maybe because its something that doesn't need to be accepted, its been years now since we have got the note, His birth mother isn't a problem anymore. "

"I know this is a day that you have been fearing will come but i need you to know that its getting too late."

"You keep saying that, what do you mean? what do you mean its too late?" I ask now setting ace away from me and getting more riled up.

"He's Gone Maleek."

And just like that, my heart snaps in two, its done, the thing i was fearing for so long has finally happened. I rush up from my seat and storm out of the room slamming the door behind me., there is only one place i want to be right now, there is only one woman who can comfort me, that woman is my woman and i am going to see her before i lose my damn mind.

*

Hey everybody, please vote and comment

God bless :)