25. "Morning gorgeous"

It wasn't a typical Monday morning. After being out all day with the pack, Paul and Elizabeth had gone back to Lizzie's house and had tea with her aunt and uncle. Much to Paul's statement on their very first official date, they were becoming very fond of the Lahote boy. They had deemed him worthy to date their niece, seeing how happy he made her. Paul had stayed over that night and the couple had watched a few films. However, when Lizzie woke up, she found the spot next to on her bed was her empty and still slightly warm. She could smell bacon downstairs so promptly followed.

Her uncle, Darren, would already be at work and her auntie had gone out for her daily morning walk so usually Lizzie only saw them both late afternoon which led to Lizzie's confusion. The first few days, her aunt hadn't gone on walks to make sure Lizzie was up and ready for school on time but they have all fell back into their morning routines. Lizzie's morning, however, didn't usually start with finding a shirtless man in her kitchen cooking bacon.

"This is either a dream or I'm hallucinating, there's no other explanation." Elizabeth thought aloud, surprised that the Paul Lahote was cooking her breakfast.

He rolled his eyes at his imprint in a playful manner, "morning gorgeous."

"What did you break?" Lizzie joked,raising her eyebrows at the boy, as she rose to her tippy toes to reach some plates and glasses from the cupboard.

She felt a strong arm wrap around her waist, steadying her as he used his other arm to help her set the plates and glasses on the side.

"Nothing yet, just getting some extra brownie points for future references." Paul retorted with his signature smirk.

"I see. Well whilst you're at it, make sure you don't burn the house down will ya? I'm gonna go get dressed." She kissed his cheek before walking away, feeling his gaze on her up until she was out of his view.

When she came downstairs to eat her breakfast, she saw half was gone as well as a note from Paul informing her he left to get dressed and grab his school bag and that he would be back soon to pick her up, with a simple 'x' at the end.

AN: this whole chapter was literally inspired by the picture at the top I'll admit 😭