9│THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE- OH NO, HE'S HOT!

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ
ʙᴀᴅ & ᴛʜᴇ— ᴏʜ ɴᴏ, ʜᴇ's ʜᴏᴛ! ꒱

❝ WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS
SO QUICK TO INSULT ME?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

As Five waited outside of the washroom for his girlfriend, he couldn't help but think about how things had gone so terribly wrong so quickly. Only a few hours ago he'd been happily relaxed, on a road trip with his favorite person and his brother. He'd been making plans with Alexa to have a normal life, free of the stress that the apocalypse caused. He'd even liked what she'd had on her list— and had added a few items himself that he hadn't shared with her. . . yet. Everything he'd been looking forward to had been thrown out the window the moment those stupid cows had disappeared in the field.

During the last two apocalypses it had been. . . easier to ignore the side-effects that came with his rediscovered hormones. The first apocalypse had been the easiest— Alexa had made it clear that there would be absolutely no romantic advances for either of them. The second apocalypse had been slightly more difficult— hence his aloofness— but he'd made it through 'til the end when they'd successfully stopped it (or so they'd thought.) He'd finally been able to act on his suppressed emotions for the brief, peaceful time in the last hours of their stay in '63. Then they landed in this new timeline which (while it wasn't without its hiccups) he'd thought that they'd finally done it: he could fully enjoy everything that came with reuniting with the person he'd longed for most at the end of the world.

Without the threat of their impending doom, Five had let his mind be occupied by something other than saving his family. Since this morning, almost all of his thoughts had revolved around his girlfriend. He'd been tempted to say no to Klaus' road trip because he'd planned to spend the day with Alexa— until he came up with bringing her along. That had been one of his best ideas until his brother had (with unusual accurateness) guessed his plans and forced them apart. It didn't help that he'd been surprised by her change of clothes; it was hard keeping his eyes anywhere but on the blonde with how her short skirt showed off her legs.

The hormones he'd been suppressing had come to the forefront in the backseat of the hotel's car— and it was proving difficult to get them under wraps again. Pacing in quick steps down the hallway was helping somewhat, so he continued to do that until the two women made their appearance. His gaze immediately fell on Alexa and any (faint) worry he'd had about her confronting the aggressive brunette eased.

Lila gave him a baleful look. "Alright, you little pisspot. Your girlfriend's convinced me that it would be beneficial for both of us if we worked together. Don't get me wrong, though— I still hate you."

"The feeling's mutual, Lila," Five replied evenly. He turned his attention back to his girlfriend. "So, did you get the briefcase?"

"Yes and no," she answered, and held up one as proof. "They're here but they don't work."

"Either of them?"

She shook her head and let her arm drop back to her side. "Nope. Apparently the odds for that are astronomical and definitely don't mean anything good for us."

Five let out a heavy sigh. "You'd be right about that."

Before the trio could say anything else, Diego's voice sounded down the hall as he came towards them: "I was training, honing my skills. The biggest thing is that I was becoming a man."