5 - ARC 1.5

Third P.O.V

It was the last class of the day, and (Y/N) was counting down the seconds until the end of school.

(Y/N) had eventually convinced Nick to tutor them, so (Y/N) was excited to have Nick come over.

When the end of school bell rang, (Y/N) packed up their stuff and made their way outside the classroom.

"Who do you think you are?!"

(Y/N) turned and saw an angry teenager. Normally they would ignore petty squabbles, but when they saw who was being yelled at, they imeadeatly walked over.

"Gene, what's going on?"

The two looked over and finally noticed (Y/N). The angry teenage boy blushed, and Gene ran over to (Y/N) and gave them a hug.

"I was waiting for you."

Gene said cutely. Now, small alarm bells were going off in (Y/N)'s head, but they had other issues to take care of.

"Thank you for waiting for me, but please tell me why you were arguing."

The other teenager spoke up.

"That little guy tripped me."

(Y/N) looked at Gene in shock, was Gene already corrupted?!

"Is that true?"

(Y/N) asks as they escape from Gene's hug.

"If I did, it was an accident."

Gene says while looking at the floor.

"Lies!"

The teenager snapped.

"You tripped me on propose!"

"Why do you think it was him?"

(Y/N) asks.

"Because I was walking perfectly fine until I past the kid."

(Y/N) looks at the teenager.

"Did you see him trip you?"

The teenager shook his head.

"Did anyone see Gene trip him?"

(Y/N) asked to the crowd who had gathered around. The were murmuring, but no one stepped forward.

"See, it seems clear to me that-"

"Wait."

(Y/N) was cut off by Gene grabbing their arm. Gene then walked up to the teenager.

"I'm sorry if I accidentally tripped you. I realize that the fall must have hurt, so please accept my apologies."

The teenager must have realized how silly he sounded so he accepted Gene's apology and the whole incident was over.

"That was nice of you to apologize."

(Y/N) patted Gene's head.

"I was just doing what was right."

(Y/N) completely missed the smirk on Gene's face.

Author's Note: This smells two-faced!

What does two-faced smell like anyway?