𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 29 |♚︎

"My hearts so full of you, I can hardly call it my own."

Syfas remained seated on the bed where his mate lay fast asleep. He watched as the blanket slowly rose with every breath she took, how her eyes fluttered every once in a while.

He traced a finger along the cloth on her arm which was wrapped around her 'stuffie'.

"I can't believe you're mine." He whispered, his lips inching closer to hers. He placed a soft chaste kiss on her unsuspecting lips.

She slowly stirred awake which took him aback. He squinted his eyes in hopes he had not woken her up. After a few seconds of silence he finally built the courage to open them only to see her wide doe eyes looking up at him.

He sighed, "Sorry I woke you, love." He stroked her cheek as she began to rub her eyes with her fists.

"Its okay, bunny." she yawned. "How long was I asleep for?"

"Little over an hour." He helped her slowly get up on her elbows.

"I don't need help, my love." She spoke softly, completely able to sit up straight.

He smiled at the new nickname and whispered a small sorry. "I got you something." He said as he softly traced her fingers.

"What is it?" she whispered, watching his soft hands play with hers.

"Give me a moment." he stood up to his towering height causing Kyra to blush, she didn't know height could be so attractive.

He walked out the room for a moment and Kyra watched the door with anticipation. Soon her eyes fanned over the mirror in front of her. She slowly analysed her features, just like the woman she swore to help did.

She wasn't stupid, she knew who the woman could be. It was too much of a coincidence for it to not. She didn't know what this would mean, when would she be rescued? She wanted to help her immediately.

She looked over at her wing and softly flapped it, it didn't hurt. That was a good sign.

The door opened once more and her eyes darted over to her mate who held a small rectangular box.

"I had this made for you." He returned to his seat on the bed, his back against the pillows he used to sleep on alone.

His shoulder brushed over hers as he held the box closer to her.

Her eyes searched his for consent and he nodded with smile. His eyes slowly left hers as he watched her open the box.

The reflection of the blade tinted in her green eyes whilst Syfas slowly removed it from the box for her to hold.

He placed it slowly in her hands and she grasped it with delicacy. "It's for your protection, little rose." He whispered as he kissed her nose.

"I know you're able to have your own means of protection which isn't me, I know I cant be there all the time.." he breathed in whilst a soft hand calmed him down. "I just want to keep you safe."

"It's beautiful, Syfas." Her eyes never left the blade, the oval shape was perfect for bludgeoning the victims insides, the handle was perfect for her small hand to grasp. She traced over the little red roses with a smile.