chapter 18

Republics side on Ryloth

Obi-wan was not having a very nice day on Ryloth because not only did they lose huge amounts of ground from the terrans, but the two sides could be trapped if their navy lost over the planet which was still going on.

Not only did he have to worry about this, but there was still groups of separatist strongholds on the planet still holding hostages and could become a problem if they attacked them with the terrans near them.

Before they were attacked, Obi-wan and his legion of clones were tasked in breaking these strongholds from the separatist and run them off the planet. Now that plan was halted with the advancements of the Terran forces on the planet and the planet would likely be a hotspot for major battles later in the war.

The Terrans on the other hand had positioned themselves a few miles from their perimeter and it seemed like they would hold their position at the moment, but several squad of clones were still alert in the front lines incase they tried something.

Over the battlefield ahead it had become a no man's land and it was almost pitch dark with the only light on the battlefield being destroyed tanks that were still dimly burning in the night sky. Occasionally you can see the bright lights of the battle in space as parts of ships can be seen falling down towards the ground.

Right now Obi-wan was trying to communicate with mace windu and contact any of their forces near Ryloth to put this battle into there hands.

"I don't think we can hold out here any longer if this continues like this." Obi-wan says to windu.

"I've lost not only ground but a mass amount of troops just from their first assault. It won't be long before the terrans overwhelm us on the ground." Obi-wan says desperate for any help against the terrans.

"I'm sorry Kenobi but it seems we will be on our own for now. Most of our forces are occupied at the moment and those that are able to aid us will take a while until they can help us." Windu says trying to keep his chain of command under control as his loses in space has started to pile up with neither side seeming able to gain the upper hand.

Obi-wan only sighs in disappointment before putting a hand to his chin thinking about the earlier battle against the terrans.

"You know. The terrans were using slugthrowers when we engaged them. It looked like it was one of their standard weapons throughout their military." Obi-wan says to windu remembering all of the projectiles hitting near them during the battle.

"The use of blasters seem to be nonexistent for them and the only thing remotely close to a blaster was a laser going through one of our tanks, but what caused the laser is still unknown to us." Obi-wan says thinking about the weapons the Terrans have that they may have never even seen before.

"Slugthrowers? The terrans are using slugthrowers as their main weapons!?" Windu says in disbelief.

"Those types of weapons haven't been mass produced for years and pirates or bounty hunters are usually the only few to use slugthrowers as a weapon." Windu says still not being able to grasp the idea of an entire military using these weapons as a standard weapon for their soldiers.

Many in the galaxy had seen slugthrowers as inferior to blasters since slugthrowers needed more maintenance, ammo needed to be carried resulting in said soldier to carry a heavier load, and it was said to be easier to operate a blaster than a slugthrower.

Although having a blaster seemed to be the better option, many forget that bullets are way more faster than a bolt of energy and this would cause Jedi to have a hard time to block them. But blocking them may be even a worse idea since the saber would turn the bullet into multiple molten hot fragments resulting in the Jedi to become exposed to them.