Chapter 08-Finally Knowing the Situation

Even after returning to Bai Yuan's chamber, Yeye was reluctant to part with him. But somehow after coaxing a little Yeye loosened the grip and grabbing the chance Bai Yuan tugged him in the warm quilt. He then sat beside him. He dazedly observed the small child who had puffy eyes, taking small breaths and sleeping so soundly on his bed.

Yeye looks even more cute when he's sleeping so soundly.
I wonder how old he is!
Seeing his growth he seems 2 to 3 years old. Days won't be lonely with such a lovely child by my side. Ahh~
It's been a while since I felt so relieved
(灬'ᴗ'灬)

While watching Yeye in his sleep, Bai Yuan nudged his soft chubby cheeks with his slender finger. Everytime he poked the surface of the cheek, it would seem to dig a hole through the tender surface and then jump up to its previous state, the moment the finger was taken back, just . He then played with Yeye's small round hands and at one point Yeye caught the naughty finger that kept sliding and tickling around on his palm. His clutches were strong.

Bai Yuan exclaimed with wonder, "This small child is surprisingly strong! I wonder whose genes he inherited!"

His fun moments were interrupted by a maid who came to light the incense burner. It was then when Bai Yuan finally got the chance to interrogate about his current surroundings.

.

.

.

According to the maid's description.

The empire is currently being ruled by Emperor Wang Yiheng, former Crown prince and the War-God of the North Empire. He is peerless among his peers. His skills on the battlefield are known even to small children of the Empire. After the previous Emperor passed away prematurely because of an incurable disease, the Crown prince ascended the throne early. Because he was young, the hidden enemies of the court tried to stir up troubles for him. But the Queen Dowager managed to handle it after some difficulties and formed an alliance with her dearest older brother to have his only child marry the new Emperor and support him.

The only child of General Bai was extremely well known for his heaven-defying beauty and gentle nature. He was the type of beauty that could suck out one's soul just from looking at them with a pair of warm, glossy azure eyes. Indeed he was desired by many. Especially because he was like his mother, an intersex who had bewitching appeals with a body suitable for reproduction with any sex. An absolute treasure. None but the Emperor got him in the end. That was none but the previous Bai Yuan.

But life is not always as lucky as everyone sees from outside. Everyone envied Bai Yuan for being so lucky and having the most admired person of the empire as his husband. Only Bai Yuan knew how 'fortunate' he was.

As a couple they only met on their wedding day and after that a rumour started to spread in the Palace that the Emperor was not happy with the marriage  and so he left for the battle next day instead of staying with his only wife. But Bai Yuan conceived Yeye only after that one night of entanglement and soon Yeye was born. Even Yeye's birth aroused questions that were disgusting to the ears. Again, after knowing that Yeye was about to be born the Emperor didn't return and stayed behind to fight with the neighboring country. Since then it's been almost 2 years. If it was not for the Queen Dowager being Bai Yuan's distant aunt, he would have been trampled by the "Princesses in waiting" by now.

These "Princesses in Waiting" are as the name refers to princesses who are waiting to get married to the Emperor once he returns from the war.

Bai Yuan just cursed silently and thought, 'So that Bai Yuan is me?'

"Why do people named 'Bai Yuan' have to be so miserable?"