Chapter 9 Part 2: La Grande Illusion

- - - - ST

    - - - - ST.LAWRENCE CHURCH BASEMENT - - - -
     Scott is blindfolded, holding a bow staff, sparring with Angus who, like Scott, is also holding a bow staff but is not blind folded. While sparring, Angus criticize Scott on his fighting moves.

Angus: You have to be ready, aware of your surroundings. If you're not ready...

  Angus than swiftly knocks Scott down on his back, with the staff pointed straight at his face.

Angus: You're dead.

Scott rest his head on the ground, feeling defeated, when Angus stretches hand out to pick him up.

Angus: Come on Boyo.

Angus help lift Scott up, who takes his blindfold off after he's up. As Scott grabs something to drink, Angus ask Scott a question on his tactics.

Angus: Why don't you use a gun?

    Scott looks over his shoulder, trying to pay the question no mind. But he felt that he at least should Angus the explanation as to why he chooses not to use a gun.

Scott: I'm not a murderer.

Angus: Having a gun doesn't make you weak.

Scott: Yeah, we'll I'm not weak!

His voice begins to echo in the basement. Scott and Angus begin to stare each other down, waiting for the other to do something. Scott than let's out and exasperated sigh and walks back.

Scott: Sorry it's just... my grandfather taught me that a gun makes you a coward. For some reason that's has always stuck with me.

Angus: That's because you feel you need to prove something... tell me I'm wrong?

Scott doesn't answer, he just looks down and takes a swing of pills.

Scott: I'm gonna take a break.

He goes over to the couch and begins to close his eyes. Angus rolls his eyes and heads up stairs. Once hearing the door close, Scott gets up and walks over to the punching bag. He begins punching, letting out all his anger, and begins thinking back to that Christmas of 2009.

- - -TAMAKI HOUSE SAN FRANCISCO, 2009- - -
Scott is in bed while his mother Jessica, dressed in a part dress, reading Scott a bedtime story. Once she finishes, she gets up and Mark then walks in,wearing a tuxedo, comes to tell his son goodnight.

Mark: Sweet dreams son. By the time you wake up, Santa would've been already been here.

Young Scott: Dad, is Santa real?