115. to keep you off my mind

A D O M A N I A

cxv||to keep you off my mind

"Anyone home?" Maria calls as she hangs her coat on the coatrack in the entry hall of Lily and James' home in Godrics Hollow and a now six month pregnant Lily Evans-Potter comes strolling down the hallway to greet the dark haired girl with a hug. Lily and Maria have become even closer than they were before and Maria visits their house every week, sometimes even twice, to have dinner or lunch with them.

"Isn't she stunning?" James grins, pressing a kiss to the side of a tired looking Lily's head and the red head rolls her green eyes at his compliment. James smiles at his sister who quickly pulls him down into a tight and long embrace. "You alright, Mar? Oh—you'll never guess who stopped round to wish us congratulations this morning!"

"Who—woah don't tell me!" Maria says, holding a hand up quickly to stop him. "Umm—ooh, was it that old neighbour John? He's so sweet, always used to leave a muggle newspaper outside out gates."

"No! Yesterday was Lily's first time meeting Horrible Grandma." James says as the three walk into the lounge and Maria gasps slightly.

"Horrible Grandma came to see you?!" She says loudly in a surprised tone. "No doubt she insulted your decorating."

"She was equally as horrible as every other time we have seen her." James rolls his eyes as he sits beside Lily who has both of her hands resting on her now rather prominent baby bump.

"I still don't understand what she did to deserve the name Horrible Grandma." Lily sighs with a shake of her head and the siblings look at the muggle-born girl with faces of disbelief.

"Because she's horrible?" Maria deadpans and Lily rolls her eyes once again. "She hated Dad, could never understand what Mum saw in him."

"She seemed nice enough." Lily shrugs her shoulders, nudging James who sighs exasperatedly and leans over to the coffee table, handing her the mug of tea. "We've been thinking about names."

"Oh yeah! For a girl we were thinking Mia, cause that's what Dad used to call Mum." James explains and Maria feels a small smile spread across her lips. "But for a boy—this bloody woman won't agree on any of my suggestions."

"They're stupid!" Lily retorts, looking at Maria. "Tell hun they're stupid. He wanted to name our son Steve!"

"After Stevie Nicks!"

"That is a bit stupid." Maria says, making a small gesture with her thumb and index finger. "What about something like Sam—something that doesn't sound like he'd be an absolute prick."

"I told him I liked the name Riley, but he said he knows people with the last name Riley, so apparently that's also stupid." Lily shakes her head, looking at her husband accusingly and he holds his hands up in defence. "Why don't we let Maria pick his name?"