XIX

HARLEYS POV
i enter the lighthouse and run up the long staircase. i reach the top to see a door. locked. i curse under my breath and sprint back down the stairs knowing my time is limited. i hop back on my motorbike and ride. i ride down this road until i'm stopped by a police officer. i'm wearing my helmet so they can't see it's me.
"mam please can you step off the vehicle. sorry for the disturbance, we just need to find this one girl. harley miller her name is."
"oh right sorry i don't know who she is" i answer, stumbling over a few words.
"yes thankyou for your time. could you just take off your helmet so we could just check. just procedures."
my heart starts to pound as i slowly nod reaching up to my helmet. i debate whether to take it off or run but i know i will get caught either way.
i take the helmet off and watch the police officer stare at me and then back down to a picture, which i assume was me. he grabs his walky talky and speaks:
"i got her, meet at avenue road"
i gulp and look down. i'm not a criminal, i don't even know what i'm doing here. the man looks me up and down, checking once more it's me.
"your under arrest for breaking and entering the cameron house and attempting theft. anything you say or do will be used against you in the station and will increase your time in prison"
"prison!?" i exclaim as he handcuffs me.
"yes, prison."
"i haven't done anything wrong! this is bullshit!" i yell.
"mam please don't use that language or tone. it won't help you"
"god sake" i mutter as i look up, trying not to cry.
a round of sirens get louder as more cops arrive, they all have guns. acting as if i could hurt them. i don't even have a fucking weapon.
i duck my head as a cop pushes me into a police car. i don't fight it, knowing that i'm already in deep trouble. seeing the amount of cops here. i put my head against the window as we drive off. my head filled with many different thoughts, which i try my hardest not to cry to.

390+ words
the bitch is back