Chapter 1 - Midnight Walks

Finally. After what felt like years, work was over.

The moon was high in the sky, and the stars were winking down on those below them. You seen the sight many times, but it never got any less breathtaking.

After flipping the 'open' sign to 'closed', you gathered the leftovers. A lot of your produce selled, but of course, it was impossible to grab everything. May as well wait for tomorrow.

Just when you grabbed the last fruit, a very muscular arm suddenly slammed down on the table, followed by hard panting. You jumped about a foot up into the air before recognizing the sight- Luisa.

"Woah! Sorry, didn't mean to scare you there. Just needed a second to breathe, you know?" She chuckled, rubbing her arm.

Your face flushed red before you relaxed. "Nah, it's alright. Just a little jumpy."

As you put the last fruit into your bag, she tapped you on the shoulder.

Even in the pale moonlight, you can see her blush. "You... Want me to walk you home?"

"Really?!" You asked, your eyes glimmering.

"Well, of course. You said you were jumpy, didn't you?" She smiled.

You playfully rolled your eyes. "That I did."

And just like that, you were on the road. The journey wasn't too long- Just a couple blocks away.

As you were walking, a thought came to mind. Should I flirt with her? I mean, I don't wanna make her uncomfortable, but I can try. You know what? Screw it.

"Hey, Luisa, can you hold something for me?" You asked, a cheeky grin being worn on your face.

"Sure. What is it?" She complied, looking down at you.

Right there and then, you took a grip on her hand. She noticeably tensed up as you rubbed her thumb.

"My hand."

She just gulped, a half-smile being formed on her face. "Smooth."

Eventually, you arrived at your doorstep. It was the same as always, but tonight it felt... Rather intimate. Still, you couldn't pinpoint on why.

Maybe it's because Luisa Madrigal is right next to you.

You strained your neck to look up at her. "Thanks for the company."

"It's nothing, really." She shrugged, staring at the floor.

"You could use a break, though. Wanna go stargaze tomorrow?" You offered, gently bumping her hip.

Luisa just frowned. "Oh, I don't know. With all the chores around the village-"

You simply nodded, not wanting to pressure her. "Ah, it's fine."

She looked at you, starting to feel guilty. She had no reason to, of course- The villagers can be... Quite demanding- But she still did.

"Midnight." She finally spoke.

"Hm?" You hummed, confused.

She cleared her throat. "Meet me at around midnight. Everyone's asleep by then."

A huge smile was plastered on your face as you embraced her. "Wow, really?! Thank you!"

"Heh, yeah, no problem." She chuckled, patting your back.

You finally let go, scurrying into the house. "Goodnight, Luisa!"

She watched the house for a while. Not that it was gonna move like the castia, but still. She didn't want to leave the place where you belonged- But sticking around would just be creepy.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

~~~~~~~~~

You entered your bedroom, setting down your bag. Today was... Quite nice. Huh. Luisa is gonna hang out with you.

Luisa is gonna hang out with you.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-" You squealed, as if you were a dying rat. Poor Dolores- And poor Bruno, for that matter.