42; family

Sailor

"Ms. Green this has been dropped off to you." Missy came in holding a bouquet.

I smile thanking her thinking it was from Iván but a confused expression graced my face when I realized it wasn't his handwriting.

Yes, that man sends me handwritten notes, yes my man is amazing.

Hey Sailor it's me Stephanie from high school. You might not remember me but I remember you.

How are the kids doing? I've seen you on tv with them and I can't help but be happy that they're happy.

Yes, those are my kids. Surprise?

I am always so thankful that you decided to take them in and care for them and I also saw that you adopted another child, I'm happy for you!

I'm also glad to see that you smiling more, REAL SMILES TOO! I remember you use to come into my classroom during lunch and vent to me about all of your issues and I would vent to you about mine.

You were the only person that didn't doubt me while I was student teaching at the school. I considered you like a little sister that I could tell anything to.

Thank you for everything and thank you for taking care of them in a way I knew I couldn't.

Love, Stephie

p.s my number is on the back if you want to talk about anything.

I stare at the note in disbelief.

Stephanie fucking Monroe, who would've thought. Now that I think about Clare and Brayden are like carbon copies of her.

I checked the time on my phone... 5:59 pm. Time to get home to my babies. I log out of my computer and clean up a little then make my way to my car.

• • •

My face scrunches up in confusion noticing that all the lights were off in the house.

My pace quickens when I went from confused to concern. The kids didn't mention that they were going out or anything like that soooooo?

As I opened the door I thought my heart jumped out my fucking chest.

"Surprise!" the kids yelled as the light turned on. There stood the kids with two cakes and party hats on. The entrance of the house was decorated with balloons, streamers, and a bunch of pictures of us on the wall.

"Oh my lord, y'all scared me." I put my hand over my heart. "Happy one year anniversary!" Mia yelled making my eyes widen in realization.

I can't believe it's been a year since I met the kids, my kids. It's been one year since my life changed for the better.

"Wait mom don't cry, I'm going to cry." Clare said as her eyes begin to water making me chuckle as my eyes start sweating. "Aw, my babies." I said opening my arms for them and they all came into the hug.

"Mommy we got you pajamas... like us." Brayden said gesturing towards all of their matching pajamas. I'm just now realizing they're matching. "Where?" I asked Brayden.

"In your room. Go change." she said pushing me towards the staircase. "Okay. Okay." I said while smiling brightly. I go up into my room seeing the pajamas and a party hat laying on the bed.

I quickly change then make my way downstairs.

"Woah when did y'all do all of this?" I asked looking at the fully decorated living room.

I hope they know I ain't helping clean nothing up.

"Uncle Syire got us out early." Kaelyn snitched and all the kids looked at me nervously. "I'll let it slide today but not again." I give them a serious look and they nod.

"Okay let's eat first then play games." Cole said and I look at them in confusion wondering what we suppose to be eating. "Grandma cooked." Cole said smiling and I shrugged walking over to the kitchen.

• • •

"Give me that money boy!" Clare said to Cole holding out her hand towards him. "Clare please, I only got 100." he pouts at her. "That pouting works on your momma, not me. Pay me." she said smirking.

He groaned as he sold a few properties he had in order to pay her and now he only has $20.

"Cole I don't think monopoly is for you. You just keep going bankrupt." Anna decides to tease him. "Excuse me Annabella Lou I-" before he could finish off anna cut him off.

"It's Annabella aka Anna Green. I'm adopted now white boy." she said and all you can hear is Clare and Mia in the back spicing it. "Well little sister. I have $20 so I ain't bankrupt yet." he said with a little sass.

"Aye don't be talking to my sister like that." Mia said deepening her voice standing up. "Yeah, you heard her." Clare joined in also deepen her voice.

"All of y'all are dumb." Cole said shaking his head while laughing. "You're dumb Cole." Brayden said back to him causing us all to laugh and Cole look at her in surprise. "Brayden I thought you were on my side." he pouted at her.

"I'm on your side Cole." Kaelyn said to him and he smiled opening his arms for her which she happily ran into.

"Come here Brayden, to the cool side." Anna said opening her arms for Brayden which Brayden basically flew into.

"Mom pick a side." Mia said to me making me shake my head getting up from the floor sitting on the couch. "I'm not choosing sides." I put my hands up in surrender. "Shall we get mom then?" Cole suggested.

Wow.

My only son. Turned against me like that.

I watch as they all smirk at each other grabbing a pillow which made me get up and grab a pillow.

"Get herrrr!" Clare yelled and they all came charging at me with pillows. They are legit jumping me. I start fighting back eventually taking Kaelyn's pillow from her and hitting her with it while she just laughs.

Times like these feels like it's moving in slow motion.

All I hear is laughter.

I wish that I could replay moments like these all the time, when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm angry, when I'm not feeling myself, and even when I need a little laugh.

When they first were standing outside my car looking... amess I did not expect for us to be where we are now, especially with Anna. I didn't think to adopt another child after them but I'm so glad I did. Shit, I ain't even expect to adopt any children.

But I did and I regret nothing. I love my babies.

These are my kids and I am their mom.

Forever.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

• • •

ahhhh *sobs*

yes yes my first ever book has ended.

i just want to say thank you to everyone for reading and commenting and voting on my story.

i decided to write this book out of no where and i honestly didn't expect anyone to read it but y'all did i truly appreciate that.

i want to say thank you to everyone that stuck beside even when i go mia for a month and don't upload 🥲

i really hope that you enjoyed new mommy just as much as i enjoyed writing it.

and thank y'all for not cursing me out on some of my english cause i be going back and reading like what the fuck did i even mean???

mmcht i love y'all or whatever 😒

NOWWWWW

let the chaos begin in accidental mother 😏