Chapter 3 - Neighborhood

" Ah? That family? We've always been bothered by that Shao Xiaolin bastard . He always beat the boy as if the boy wasn't his son . Also , he also abuses his wife and often slapped her whenever he was being disrespected . "

" Yeah , we always hear that man's shouts whenever his temper flares up again . He deserved his death! "

The junior police officer then asked.  " Why didn't you helped them? "

The Middle aged woman waved her hands nonchalantly and spoke . " We had once helped that family solve their domestic problems but after the new dawn . We found Lu Meifeng gained a lot more bruises and wounds , it turns out that Shao Xiaolin vented his anger on her again because of our scoldings . The man said to Lu Meifeng that because of her , he got humiliated by the whole neighborhood . Because of that , we don't dare to help them anymore .  "

" We also have limited capabilities and authority so we can't restrain that man . Even if we report it to the government , no one would look at their situation seriously . "

" Who would have thought that this situation would end up in a murder case.  "

The crowd of villagers simultaneously sighed and clicked their tongue .

One villager spoke out loud . ", I couldn't believe that the first crime that would happen in our village were such a crime of felony.  "

Another villager nodded . " Can't you believe it? Rape , Child Abuse , Domestic Violence , and what was it again? Murder with malice-aforethought and? "

The junior police officer nodded.  " Yes it is , murder with malice-aforethought . "

Another villager applauded in disbelief.  " If Shao Xiaolin didn't die , he would have been jailed for more than one year! "

While the adults talked and ignored the police man . The wandering kids were also curiously listening and talked with each other .

" Such big crime , this is my first time encountering such thing . We usually only learned and saw it from T.V and dramas . "

" Yeah , me too . Our Greenleaf Village will probably get featured on the news later.  "

One child covered his mouth . " Really? "

The big child nodded.  " After all , this is a big news for the news station . With this , all the people in the world would be warned to report any domestic abuse that you discover and should not turn a blind eye anymore . "

" We're such a stupid Village , if we only called 110 earlier , this thing wouldn't have happened.  "

" There's no use crying over spilled milk.  It had already happened . "

- a few days later , it was confirmed that the victims' narration matched the results they got from the lab .

They also saw the poison inside the woman's cabinet which is clearly hers . The knife also has Shao Xiaolin's fingerprints . Unfortunately though , there'd no footage that could prove their narration more .

But still , even if they really learned the whole truth .

The offender had already died .

So the case was closed immediately and there's no need for any court hearing because of the evidences .

Moreover , this kind of cases weren't unusual in the city . The detectives have encountered more severe cases than this .

Lu Meifeng stared silently at her son who is calmly watching the departure of the police investigation of crime scenes team .